View Single Post
ElMaestro's Avatar ElMaestro
08-23-2009, 12:49 PM

My 8th Tool show. The last one was the Nokia Theater show in December 2007 with the same setlist but they had that intermission where they did this crazy lazer lightshow in between songs. Was disappointing they didn't have that this time around.

I felt a tension between Linkin Park and Tool fans. The bands are so different in their material and stage presence that it doesn't surprise me. I personally don't mind LP too much but their set just dragged on forever. And when they brought out Chester's side project I was totally over it and didn't even pay attention. How can I be expected to when Tool is up next? A bunch of young high schoolers were leaving after LP finished. Thank God for that!

Alice in Chains killed it...people were really into Man in the Box and especially Rooster. I didn't expect that.

Maynard on crutches just made me laugh....did you see when he threw them down during Rosetta Stoned? It was probably why he didn't strip down to his speedo. Probably pretty hard to do that with a busted leg.

Yeah they really need to change up the setlist. I probably won't see them again until they do. As much as I love a Tool show its getting a bit stale. I saw them with my best friend/roommate who had just saw them at Lollapalooza and a lady friend who only saw them once at Street Scene and her experience was ruined by boob grabbing....hate it when that happens!

Flood was siiiiiiiiiiiick! One of my new fav's. Often overlooked when I play their music.

At one point something by Justin caught on fire for like 2 seconds and it went out. Not sure it was part of the show?

To all the people complaining about their performances: If you have seen ANY band 10, 20, 30 times over the years they are bound to lose some of their fire and passion for what they do. They seem like they have no direction at the moment. They've plateued so to speak. They've already built a massive cult following. Now whats next? Imagine doing the same job over and over for that long. Do you put the same amount of effort into what you do that you did when you first started? I don't mind if they are gone for a long time so long as they come back with something fresh and new for us! We are starving for more!
Old 08-23-2009, 12:49 PM   #10
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 08.22.09 - Pomona, CA @ Epicenter Fest

My 8th Tool show. The last one was the Nokia Theater show in December 2007 with the same setlist but they had that intermission where they did this crazy lazer lightshow in between songs. Was disappointing they didn't have that this time around.

I felt a tension between Linkin Park and Tool fans. The bands are so different in their material and stage presence that it doesn't surprise me. I personally don't mind LP too much but their set just dragged on forever. And when they brought out Chester's side project I was totally over it and didn't even pay attention. How can I be expected to when Tool is up next? A bunch of young high schoolers were leaving after LP finished. Thank God for that!

Alice in Chains killed it...people were really into Man in the Box and especially Rooster. I didn't expect that.

Maynard on crutches just made me laugh....did you see when he threw them down during Rosetta Stoned? It was probably why he didn't strip down to his speedo. Probably pretty hard to do that with a busted leg.

Yeah they really need to change up the setlist. I probably won't see them again until they do. As much as I love a Tool show its getting a bit stale. I saw them with my best friend/roommate who had just saw them at Lollapalooza and a lady friend who only saw them once at Street Scene and her experience was ruined by boob grabbing....hate it when that happens!

Flood was siiiiiiiiiiiick! One of my new fav's. Often overlooked when I play their music.

At one point something by Justin caught on fire for like 2 seconds and it went out. Not sure it was part of the show?

To all the people complaining about their performances: If you have seen ANY band 10, 20, 30 times over the years they are bound to lose some of their fire and passion for what they do. They seem like they have no direction at the moment. They've plateued so to speak. They've already built a massive cult following. Now whats next? Imagine doing the same job over and over for that long. Do you put the same amount of effort into what you do that you did when you first started? I don't mind if they are gone for a long time so long as they come back with something fresh and new for us! We are starving for more!
OFFLINE |