View Single Post
sbagheri
07-17-2010, 05:41 PM

Let me start by saying how influential Tool has been to me and what an impact they have had on me. Maynards genius lyrics and Tool's amazing sounds make them one of the most unique rock bands alive. I think Maynard is one of the most talented artists that music has ever come by. Last night I finally had the opportunity to see them live in Las Vegas at PH, and was shockingly let down. Maynard was hidden in the back (next to Danny) with no lighting shun on him.

The opening "Third Eye" was absolutely amazing. Maynard was loud and the song was heavy, and started the show off perfectly. Then they played one of my top 3 favorite Tool songs, Jambi. The music was slowed down, and Maynards voice was almost incompetent. He sang so softly into the mic you couldn't hear him loudly, and there was a lack of emotion behind his voice. The equipment at PH was not the reason behind his disappointing voice because he sounded loud when he chose to be loud.

"Stinkfist" sounded absolutely horrible. The chorus sounded terrible and there wasnt much movement from the barely visible Maynard.

"Vicarious" another one of my favorite songs was extremely disappointing. He did not even finish the lyrics to the song. "VICARIOUSLY IIIIII LIVE WHILE THE WHOLE WORLD DIES!!" The heaviest part of the song was left out.

"The Patient," "Intolerance," "Lateralus," and "Aenema" were absolutely brilliant! Maynard sounded loud and clear. "Forty Six and Two" was one of the songs I was highly anticipating and I was just barely satisfied.

This post is heartbreaking for me to write. Tool is the most intriguing band this generation has come by. The band did not have their heart into this concert. Seems like it was put together to make a quick buck. I hope when they realease their new album next year (?) that Maynard has that angry edge to his voice, that makes Tool such an inspiring band. Maynard used the same joke about writing "intolerance" when half the audience were sperm, and he will use it again in his next show in LA.

Basically if you went to see a good light show, while hearing Tool live then it was a good show. If you are trying to capture an amazing performance from the band members, especially Maynard, youre wasting your time and money.
Old 07-17-2010, 05:41 PM   #10
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.16.2010 - Las Vegas, NV @ Planet Hollywood

Let me start by saying how influential Tool has been to me and what an impact they have had on me. Maynards genius lyrics and Tool's amazing sounds make them one of the most unique rock bands alive. I think Maynard is one of the most talented artists that music has ever come by. Last night I finally had the opportunity to see them live in Las Vegas at PH, and was shockingly let down. Maynard was hidden in the back (next to Danny) with no lighting shun on him.

The opening "Third Eye" was absolutely amazing. Maynard was loud and the song was heavy, and started the show off perfectly. Then they played one of my top 3 favorite Tool songs, Jambi. The music was slowed down, and Maynards voice was almost incompetent. He sang so softly into the mic you couldn't hear him loudly, and there was a lack of emotion behind his voice. The equipment at PH was not the reason behind his disappointing voice because he sounded loud when he chose to be loud.

"Stinkfist" sounded absolutely horrible. The chorus sounded terrible and there wasnt much movement from the barely visible Maynard.

"Vicarious" another one of my favorite songs was extremely disappointing. He did not even finish the lyrics to the song. "VICARIOUSLY IIIIII LIVE WHILE THE WHOLE WORLD DIES!!" The heaviest part of the song was left out.

"The Patient," "Intolerance," "Lateralus," and "Aenema" were absolutely brilliant! Maynard sounded loud and clear. "Forty Six and Two" was one of the songs I was highly anticipating and I was just barely satisfied.

This post is heartbreaking for me to write. Tool is the most intriguing band this generation has come by. The band did not have their heart into this concert. Seems like it was put together to make a quick buck. I hope when they realease their new album next year (?) that Maynard has that angry edge to his voice, that makes Tool such an inspiring band. Maynard used the same joke about writing "intolerance" when half the audience were sperm, and he will use it again in his next show in LA.

Basically if you went to see a good light show, while hearing Tool live then it was a good show. If you are trying to capture an amazing performance from the band members, especially Maynard, youre wasting your time and money.
OFFLINE |