View Single Post
trianglepyramidzz
07-17-2010, 11:31 AM

Ive been an extremely loyal Tool fan for at least 15 years now and haved loved every show. (been to every one here in vegas and then some) I wish i could say the same for the show last night at the Planet Hollywood. It really took so long to let everyone in that almost everyone missed the opening band. There was no parking at all, overall just a really frustrating experience. Its really not Tools fault, but this is just not the kind of venue that they should been playing in. The vibe was just not there at all. This venue is more meant for theatre type productions. The intimate vibe that is nescessary for a Tool concert was just not there and it really let me down. Felt more disconnected from the music then ever and that whole internal elevated experience was just gone. Ruined. Much rather would see them at the the thomas and mack. Man those were the good ol days when vibes seemed to be the best. Set list was the same as usual, it seemed more geared towards the "radio tool fans" and played the more commercial tracks minus one or two songs. I'd love to hear them play wings again, its also unfortunate that the general crowd is so inconsiderate and abnoxiously loud in the most vulnerable parts of those songs. I hope it didnt spoil them from not wanting to play those tracks again. I cant believe im complaining this much?! but im just so heartbroken at the overall experience, and we all know TooL took a nice long break before they came back here to Las Vegas, only to have handed an awful experience. Love you tool, dont ever stop, but pleeeze do not ever go back to planet hollywood.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:31 AM   #7
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.16.2010 - Las Vegas, NV @ Planet Hollywood

Ive been an extremely loyal Tool fan for at least 15 years now and haved loved every show. (been to every one here in vegas and then some) I wish i could say the same for the show last night at the Planet Hollywood. It really took so long to let everyone in that almost everyone missed the opening band. There was no parking at all, overall just a really frustrating experience. Its really not Tools fault, but this is just not the kind of venue that they should been playing in. The vibe was just not there at all. This venue is more meant for theatre type productions. The intimate vibe that is nescessary for a Tool concert was just not there and it really let me down. Felt more disconnected from the music then ever and that whole internal elevated experience was just gone. Ruined. Much rather would see them at the the thomas and mack. Man those were the good ol days when vibes seemed to be the best. Set list was the same as usual, it seemed more geared towards the "radio tool fans" and played the more commercial tracks minus one or two songs. I'd love to hear them play wings again, its also unfortunate that the general crowd is so inconsiderate and abnoxiously loud in the most vulnerable parts of those songs. I hope it didnt spoil them from not wanting to play those tracks again. I cant believe im complaining this much?! but im just so heartbroken at the overall experience, and we all know TooL took a nice long break before they came back here to Las Vegas, only to have handed an awful experience. Love you tool, dont ever stop, but pleeeze do not ever go back to planet hollywood.
OFFLINE |