View Single Post
Old 09-26-2006, 01:15 PM   #76
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: 2006/09/22 - Detroit, MI - Palace of Auburn Hills

2nd best out of 7 shows since 96. I hated the Lateralus tour. It never got loud enough to make my chest rattle or feel like the ceiling would cave in. Just my opinion, and we know how far those go. lol Aside from the State show, the rest of the tour wasn't loud at all.

It was better for me than the Fox show. We were 4th row center and the speakers were on the sides so, it was a fairly quiet show. Plus, there were a few stuck up, pretentious, assfucks that just plain sucked in our row. Fuck you. You know who you are. :)

I had a great time. We sat in the hallway for Isis and people watched. I love the diversity! We only got our tickets on Monday and we ended up with 2nd row, lower bowl, about 3 sections over. Perfect view and loud as fuck. I know it sounded a little muddy and the pauses were weird and all but, it was just fun as fuck! Everyone around us was cool- no stuck up snobs! The whole section was out to have a good time.

Yea, I have my wishes for the old Maynard outfits and undertow/opiate but, it really made me appreciate how far they have come. I didn't love this album til seeing the show. Amazing. It cracks me up when they start Jambi and Maynard does that bird flapping dance. So hot!

The thunderstorm was nuts! It took us forever to find the car, had to use the panic button. Didn't care about waiting the hour to leave. Just sat in my ride and rocked out. I brought a friend with me. She is 45 and loves rock but, never heard of Tool. Her 19 yr old son was jealous she was going. Anyhoo, I have converted her and thank the lord for that! She gets it!! I fuckin wish more people in my life would give them a chance but, whatever. If they did, tickets would be harder to get. :)

Loved it so much we took a trip to Cleveland to see them last nite. Had a few bumps in the road and only caught the 2nd 1/2 but, honestly it was worth it just to see that much. Hoping they hit Florida for the second leg.