View Single Post
Old 09-24-2006, 11:54 AM   #52
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/22 - Detroit, MI - Palace of Auburn Hills

I've been to many a-concert in my old age. I must admit, this one fucking rocked! I was more than expecting it to, but ... damn. It rocked. I was expecting Maynard to be a little more on the personality side, to be honest, but it's good to see that they're smart enough to let the music do the talking.
The fans seemed way into the show, which was good. I've been to some concerts where everyone is a dead fish. Actually, a lot like the guy who passed out and had to be carried off with literally a minute to go before Tool took the stage. Big whoops! Johnnie had too much good time.
And Isis sucked. Can they drop them and add a song or two to the linup? I mean, really. It's not that they're horrendous - there's many worse opening bands they could have had; I"m thinking specifically of Tommy Shaw. But nonetheless, when you notice that the keyboardist is Napoleon Dynamite, it's time to move on. And, when you notice there's a grand total of 37 guitarists for one song, it's time to move one. When they started, I took off for a beer. And, I can honestly tell you, the farther away I went, the better they sounded. So, by my estimation, if I was 2 miles away when Isis was playing, they'd almost sound decent!
Anyhow, I'm going nowhere with this.
tool rocked

Don
OFFLINE |