View Single Post
Old 09-23-2006, 10:41 PM   #47
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 9
Re: 2006/09/22 - Detroit, MI - Palace of Auburn Hills

i guess it deleted or farted out my post, so all i'm gonna say is i danced my ass off(am sore as fahk now), leaned over the bow(glass) of the titanic and touched the dolphins nose (was reprimanded for such action), and maybe saw the show from the best seat in the house (223 row 1, though there wasn't a bad seat, i'm sure). tool gives me the most stimulating live synergetic and spiritual experience of anything out there, that i've seen. i've never seen godspeed though. or cirque de' soliel... my entire body moves to this music, and i'm not one to move my feet in the least. highlights: the whole show, but especially the deviations, intros (esp. 46&2/Vicarious), wings/10k days (and the clouds in the lasers!!), (vastis) lateralis is always amazing to groove to but last night it sounded especially crisp and toneful, and the stage set up was the best, most ingenius one yet. some alex grey backdrops would beat out the parabolic light bulbs though, in my book. all in all, the 10th and best (like the rest) tool show i've seen.

transmission over.

the crowd fucked up the pot, if you listen to that audio on the video dude made, u can hear the drunken douchebags screaming in between his lines. this put the rhythm off on maynard and thus justin's cue cuz maynard looked like he wasn't gonna sing but did. maynard waits for second line to be sung by the crowd then he sings it, followed by appropo time for third line after he sang the second. douchbags made it longer. i blame douchebags. either that or that fart i dealt.

love each other. even douchebags. no.. especially douchebags.