View Single Post
MarsSerpent's Avatar MarsSerpent
05-23-2006, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardJamesKeenan
I hear leeches too, but the only thing that doesnt make sense in that section is "save your poison (definatley not "praises"). Leeches suck out poison and toxins dont they? so why would a leech save its poison? Any thorts?

perhaps hes telling the leech to not suck his posion out. But he maybe reffering to posion within him as viewed from somone else (ie christians, over zealous religious types) who might believe that he is evil due to being a rock star.
Further disdain for organised religion, and more wanting not to be divided from his belifes perhaps? again, someone please elaborate if tey agree

When I hear save your poison it makes me think of sucide, using poision to kill yourself. Using poision to kill someone else, hence save your poison. It's not worth it, or something like religion is a poison and leeches feed off of other lliving animals.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:47 AM   #355
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: lyrics - official thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardJamesKeenan
I hear leeches too, but the only thing that doesnt make sense in that section is "save your poison (definatley not "praises"). Leeches suck out poison and toxins dont they? so why would a leech save its poison? Any thorts?

perhaps hes telling the leech to not suck his posion out. But he maybe reffering to posion within him as viewed from somone else (ie christians, over zealous religious types) who might believe that he is evil due to being a rock star.
Further disdain for organised religion, and more wanting not to be divided from his belifes perhaps? again, someone please elaborate if tey agree

When I hear save your poison it makes me think of sucide, using poision to kill yourself. Using poision to kill someone else, hence save your poison. It's not worth it, or something like religion is a poison and leeches feed off of other lliving animals.