View Single Post
Muladhara's Avatar Muladhara
05-21-2006, 03:47 PM

*headdesk*

I give up trying to convince people that it's leech, considering that there's far more evidence out there for it to be leech than legion, what with Maynard making regular remarks about hating the 'leeches', the 'vampires' and the 'bloodsuckers' and absolutely none about obscure Christian demons who bare no relevance to anything in the song apart from vaguely the line "tempted the Devil with my song", which nobody seems to want to think means "made a deal with a record company agent", instead assuming that Maynard is talking about the biblical Devil, I find it amazing that anybody would think it's anything but "silence leech and save your poison, silence leech and stay out of my way."

But I'll just wait for the official lyrics to be posted.
Old 05-21-2006, 03:47 PM   #342
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 5
Re: lyrics - official thread

*headdesk*

I give up trying to convince people that it's leech, considering that there's far more evidence out there for it to be leech than legion, what with Maynard making regular remarks about hating the 'leeches', the 'vampires' and the 'bloodsuckers' and absolutely none about obscure Christian demons who bare no relevance to anything in the song apart from vaguely the line "tempted the Devil with my song", which nobody seems to want to think means "made a deal with a record company agent", instead assuming that Maynard is talking about the biblical Devil, I find it amazing that anybody would think it's anything but "silence leech and save your poison, silence leech and stay out of my way."

But I'll just wait for the official lyrics to be posted.