View Single Post
knot0fvipers's Avatar knot0fvipers
04-22-2006, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicenza
absolutely. on most albums you normally don't wonder when and in what year each song was probably written. With pretty much every track here, the production values jump so violently from one place to the next that you could very reasonably argue either way, and that's unusual for a "new" album.

well, an older track can easily be remastered to sound sharp, like it was recorded recently. heck, that's the whole point of remastering. and, even if it was recorded recently, those sound like old Maynard vocals, which could have been easily added while putting this album together.
without question! I thought this conspiracy stuff was a load of crap yesterday morning but i remember when i first heard vicarious i was struck by how awesome the production is. danny's drum hits are crystal clear. Then you listen to the Pot(which style wise sounds like its 10 years old) and it sounds like an old recording hammered smooth with modern plugins. Its absurdly muddy. Vicarious is much louder than the other tracks, much fuller. Besides for maynards voice style wise sounding like its way old, listen to danny's drumming! A straight on the beat hat hit? Comeon...
1. Production is all over the place on the decoy. It makes no sense that we would get a leak that has one mastered song amazing production that also happens to be the single on the radio and the wrest unmastered to account for why the production on vicarious is so much better.
2. meshuggah influence? where on the leak is the meshuggah influence? Danny has said this is the most complex music he has ever made. where is it?
3. the leak doesnt flow togather very well. it sounds like a bunch of bsides thrown togather.
4. Watch the mandala video clips on the site, especially where you can do melodic hits depending on where you strike the head. Where the hell do you hear anything like that on the leak?

Listen to the end of vicarious, thats where these monsters are at chops wise. These songs on the leak are fantastic but the musicianship and especially the production does not sound like it was done in the past year on anything but vicarious.
Old 04-22-2006, 03:52 AM   #63
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Fake: a more concise look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicenza
absolutely. on most albums you normally don't wonder when and in what year each song was probably written. With pretty much every track here, the production values jump so violently from one place to the next that you could very reasonably argue either way, and that's unusual for a "new" album.

well, an older track can easily be remastered to sound sharp, like it was recorded recently. heck, that's the whole point of remastering. and, even if it was recorded recently, those sound like old Maynard vocals, which could have been easily added while putting this album together.
without question! I thought this conspiracy stuff was a load of crap yesterday morning but i remember when i first heard vicarious i was struck by how awesome the production is. danny's drum hits are crystal clear. Then you listen to the Pot(which style wise sounds like its 10 years old) and it sounds like an old recording hammered smooth with modern plugins. Its absurdly muddy. Vicarious is much louder than the other tracks, much fuller. Besides for maynards voice style wise sounding like its way old, listen to danny's drumming! A straight on the beat hat hit? Comeon...
1. Production is all over the place on the decoy. It makes no sense that we would get a leak that has one mastered song amazing production that also happens to be the single on the radio and the wrest unmastered to account for why the production on vicarious is so much better.
2. meshuggah influence? where on the leak is the meshuggah influence? Danny has said this is the most complex music he has ever made. where is it?
3. the leak doesnt flow togather very well. it sounds like a bunch of bsides thrown togather.
4. Watch the mandala video clips on the site, especially where you can do melodic hits depending on where you strike the head. Where the hell do you hear anything like that on the leak?

Listen to the end of vicarious, thats where these monsters are at chops wise. These songs on the leak are fantastic but the musicianship and especially the production does not sound like it was done in the past year on anything but vicarious.
OFFLINE |