View Single Post
SomethingSpecial
04-21-2006, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by themayanlion
the only thing i have to say about this is regarding the christian quality of the lyrics, and it seems like no one here knows how to read or can think for themselves.

it is pretty obvious he is speaking for his mother in the song, not about himself as far as christian beliefs. i mean christ "what have i done to be son to an angel", "Set as I am in my ways and my arrogance"...he still says it's not his thing. and the whole "fetch me the spirit, the son, and the father" bit is right AFTER he says "you are the only one who can stand at the gates and say..."

i mean seriously, i didn't think for a second he became or implied any conversion to christianity, he is just saying his mother deserves whatever she believed in for what she had to go through, and that he's burning in hell with the rest but heopful his mother will get what she wanted.

i mean seriously, all talk about decoys and crap aside, there's no excuse to take leave of your senses.
I agree with this observation completly.
Old 04-21-2006, 06:48 PM   #53
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2
Re: Fake: a more concise look

Quote:
Originally Posted by themayanlion
the only thing i have to say about this is regarding the christian quality of the lyrics, and it seems like no one here knows how to read or can think for themselves.

it is pretty obvious he is speaking for his mother in the song, not about himself as far as christian beliefs. i mean christ "what have i done to be son to an angel", "Set as I am in my ways and my arrogance"...he still says it's not his thing. and the whole "fetch me the spirit, the son, and the father" bit is right AFTER he says "you are the only one who can stand at the gates and say..."

i mean seriously, i didn't think for a second he became or implied any conversion to christianity, he is just saying his mother deserves whatever she believed in for what she had to go through, and that he's burning in hell with the rest but heopful his mother will get what she wanted.

i mean seriously, all talk about decoys and crap aside, there's no excuse to take leave of your senses.
I agree with this observation completly.