View Single Post
godhenry
12-06-2007, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frunobulax View Post
Another good Tool Show. I'm not sure if Trans Am was my thing or not, but I have to say that the drummer was damn talented and I always like to hear new things. I really dug the guys from King Crimson, very creative. I've listened to them a little bit, but I'll have to go back and check that out again.

The setlist was the same as posted above but I'm pretty sure they played Lost Keys or something based off of it after 46 & 2.

I won't say too much about the light show and visuals (great) because thats been pretty well covered above. The talent of these guys is always mind blowing. The sheer technical ability of Danny always amazed me. It seemed like the crowd had a lot of energy and I hope that convinces the band to keep Oregon in mind in the future, especially since I'm sure it was a bitch for a lot people to get there with the recent storm damage and I-5 closures, etc.

This was a pretty special show for me as I was diagnosed with a serious rare disease about two years ago. I kind of beat this thing last spring (I'm hoping it stays that way) and it was just a great feeling to be alive and present at such a powerful event. Yep, its good to be alive.
Right on, brother/sister!
Old 12-06-2007, 07:42 PM   #15
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 38
Re: Dec 05 Portland, OR Memorial Coliseum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frunobulax View Post
Another good Tool Show. I'm not sure if Trans Am was my thing or not, but I have to say that the drummer was damn talented and I always like to hear new things. I really dug the guys from King Crimson, very creative. I've listened to them a little bit, but I'll have to go back and check that out again.

The setlist was the same as posted above but I'm pretty sure they played Lost Keys or something based off of it after 46 & 2.

I won't say too much about the light show and visuals (great) because thats been pretty well covered above. The talent of these guys is always mind blowing. The sheer technical ability of Danny always amazed me. It seemed like the crowd had a lot of energy and I hope that convinces the band to keep Oregon in mind in the future, especially since I'm sure it was a bitch for a lot people to get there with the recent storm damage and I-5 closures, etc.

This was a pretty special show for me as I was diagnosed with a serious rare disease about two years ago. I kind of beat this thing last spring (I'm hoping it stays that way) and it was just a great feeling to be alive and present at such a powerful event. Yep, its good to be alive.
Right on, brother/sister!