View Single Post
Old 05-25-2007, 06:17 AM   #183
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/09 - Atlantic City, NJ - Boardwalk Hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novus_ View Post
Going by the last 4 shows or so, I'd say we're not going to get both. I haven't really figured out if there's a pattern to why they do or do not play those songs to close the show. It's definitely not because of Danny's injury (TOOL would not be touring at all if that were the case). I also know most venues require concerts to be over by 11, but TOOL has pretty much been going by the 2 hour format the entire tour, whether they add on the last 1 or 2 songs or not. I've posted this before, but it seems to me that TOOL has decided to jam more on stage and extend most of the songs. I guess they feel like if that means they have to sacrifice one song or another, so be it. TOOL is such a frustrating band to follow, because there never really seems like there is a method to what they do. I guess that's why a lot of us are drawn to them.
That makes no sense though. I saw them at the New York City Center (2006) and Continental Airlines Arena (2006), and they played Vicarious and closed out with Aenema. They even played Wings for Marie/10,000 Days and Lateralus. Rosetta Stoned was the opener and Jambi was part of the set list too. The show lasted approx. 2 hours. I don't understand why they can't play all these songs.
One's true weakness is their mental vulnerability. Acting without thinking. Oblivious to consequences. Easily corrupted and misled by society. We all learn from our mistakes but equally endure punishment. We are our own worst hypocrites and enemies. Stick closely to what you believe and always remain true to yourself. Temptation is the devil.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote