View Single Post
garfield1211
04-05-2012, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whjeffs View Post
"Another big-ticket item would be a GENUINE certified RIAA record award that contains the name of the person that it was presented to, but since these are only usually given to friends, family, and those intimately involved in the record's production, they don't often come up for sale. In fact, you might have to wait until someone dies... Also, the band stopped giving these out after "Aenima", so, again, there can't be too many floating around. "

My thought was, since it might be staring them in the face on a daily basis, but they would never think to play it, and all the other little hints in the newsletter, seem to point to the song being on one of the records that are on the RIAA award. Anyone have one to try it out?
Being in radio and having been the recipient of a couple of these RIAA Platinum albums (none from Tool), I can assure you that your theory is probably spot on. It wouldn't surprise me at all to learn that Problem 8 is embedded into the Vinyl that's encased in the glass. After all, if the song was mysteriously hidden on a CD, you'd think SOMEONE would have discovered it by now and it would be all over youtube. Nobody wants to bust those platinums open though...so until someone does, you're never going to hear Problem 8.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:37 PM   #112
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Tool: Problem 8 (Reimann hypothesis) Real or fake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whjeffs View Post
"Another big-ticket item would be a GENUINE certified RIAA record award that contains the name of the person that it was presented to, but since these are only usually given to friends, family, and those intimately involved in the record's production, they don't often come up for sale. In fact, you might have to wait until someone dies... Also, the band stopped giving these out after "Aenima", so, again, there can't be too many floating around. "

My thought was, since it might be staring them in the face on a daily basis, but they would never think to play it, and all the other little hints in the newsletter, seem to point to the song being on one of the records that are on the RIAA award. Anyone have one to try it out?
Being in radio and having been the recipient of a couple of these RIAA Platinum albums (none from Tool), I can assure you that your theory is probably spot on. It wouldn't surprise me at all to learn that Problem 8 is embedded into the Vinyl that's encased in the glass. After all, if the song was mysteriously hidden on a CD, you'd think SOMEONE would have discovered it by now and it would be all over youtube. Nobody wants to bust those platinums open though...so until someone does, you're never going to hear Problem 8.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote