View Single Post
profane's Avatar profane
08-02-2009, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonplussed View Post

One last thing to perhaps betray my naiveté: is this Chapel of Sacred Mirrors shit for real? The "Tool Church"? Are you fucking KIDDING me?
Yes it is, except it's called The Tool Shrine and I donated to it.

This was my 6th TOOL show, but my first one on the rail, dead center. I can't say this show beat out the Lateralus tour, but this was easily superior to the 10,000 Days shows I saw.

It was a long day waiting outside the venue - I got there with my friend. We were the 2nd and 3rd people there at 11am. Well worth the wait to get front row center, I know that much. But we met some cool people and I noticed a lot of first timers at the show, so evidently TOOL is still reeling them in.

Anyhow, I don't understand the people being negative about this tour, or how Maynard is acting like he doesn't give a shit. He sounded great to me, talked a lot to the crowd (considering this is TOOL) and seemed to really be in a great fucking mood. Adam, Justin and Danny all did amazing as far as I'm concerned. Then again, when the bass from Jambi kicked in, it damn near shattered my chest. Ahhhh, bliss!

Ultimately, no complaints from me and I picked up one of the Adam Jones silkscreened posters (the smaller one) with the Star of Babalon.

I can say with a full-heart that this was a truly transcendental experience and often I found myself closing my eyes to get lost in a sort of meditative trance. It was a cleansing experience... One that I will always remember.

Great fucking show.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:25 AM   #48
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.30.09 - Fairfax, VA @ Patriot Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonplussed View Post

One last thing to perhaps betray my naiveté: is this Chapel of Sacred Mirrors shit for real? The "Tool Church"? Are you fucking KIDDING me?
Yes it is, except it's called The Tool Shrine and I donated to it.

This was my 6th TOOL show, but my first one on the rail, dead center. I can't say this show beat out the Lateralus tour, but this was easily superior to the 10,000 Days shows I saw.

It was a long day waiting outside the venue - I got there with my friend. We were the 2nd and 3rd people there at 11am. Well worth the wait to get front row center, I know that much. But we met some cool people and I noticed a lot of first timers at the show, so evidently TOOL is still reeling them in.

Anyhow, I don't understand the people being negative about this tour, or how Maynard is acting like he doesn't give a shit. He sounded great to me, talked a lot to the crowd (considering this is TOOL) and seemed to really be in a great fucking mood. Adam, Justin and Danny all did amazing as far as I'm concerned. Then again, when the bass from Jambi kicked in, it damn near shattered my chest. Ahhhh, bliss!

Ultimately, no complaints from me and I picked up one of the Adam Jones silkscreened posters (the smaller one) with the Star of Babalon.

I can say with a full-heart that this was a truly transcendental experience and often I found myself closing my eyes to get lost in a sort of meditative trance. It was a cleansing experience... One that I will always remember.

Great fucking show.
OFFLINE |