View Single Post
Old 12-04-2006, 12:38 AM   #3
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/12/03 - Oberhausen, GER - Konig-Pilsener Arena

Awesome show from my perspective. Fifth this year, and finally got to experience Wings I&II live. Chilling.

Maynard quotes were "Good evening. Let's get this party started" During the Swamp break: "Wait for it...." (btw McRoggles, to me it seemed more aimed at Danny and Justin - since he was pointing to them, I think it was more of an inside joke) "Please no flash camers. No flash cameras please, not on this side, no flash cameras please..."After the sitdown break with the lighters you could really see Maynard concentrating and getting ready for Wings. Must be fucking hard for him.... I also thought there were lots of flash cameras in the venue, I thought they were frisking for those? The best quote was during Swamp Song where Maynard managed to interleave "Oberhausen" into the lyrics, "I hope it sucks, I hope it Oberhausen, I hope it sucks you down..." Great song, that is.
Last night TooL again met their own standards by playing all of the songs perfectly. Since I saw 5 now this year, I can say that the voice was a lot better than Rotterdam and Brussels, taking on all of the high notes and the screams were great also. Still hear a lot of synth in the voice, saw him work the pedals? The only part that really didn't sound like he was really singing it were the last verses of Vicarious "much better you than I" and I noticed Maynard gesturing to someone off stage left like if it sounds like this than next time I won't do it at all or something along those lines....

Enjoyed it very very very much.

Cheers

Last edited by Niels; 12-04-2006 at 12:40 AM..
OFFLINE |