View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006, 10:26 AM   #110
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/28 - Camden, NJ - Tweeter Center

So... We almost didn't get to the show in time. I would have been livid. But, we arrived 10 minutes before Tool began to play. It started pouring 5 minutes before that. Anyone notice how it only rained for like 15 minutes, stopped, and the started up again like 10 seconds before "Daylight dims..." at the end of 10,000 Days? It was really eerie. The rain actually highlighted the show on the lawn, I thought.

Any timing issues that the band had with respect to vocals in Rosetta Stoned have been completely sorted out. The sound was phenomenal. The new visualizations are phenomenal. Maynard was doing Rockette kicks during the solo in Jambi. He's fuckin' nuts. He didn't speak much. All I remember is twoards the beginning he said, "Is it raining out there yet? Yeah, we heard it was gonna rain. Well, let's do this. Just turn those frowns upside-down. Imagine we're having deviant sex and I'm peeing in your mouth."

After following these posts for some time I knew exactly what songs I would likely hear, and in which order. I was kind of frustrated every time I would log on and see that they played the same setlist the night before, not understanding why they weren't switching it up. After seeing it I know. I couldn't have done without a single song they played. The extended Stinkfist, though I heard it before on the Lateralus Tour in '02, functions extremely well as an opening track. It was fucking amazing. And that new version of Schism is absolutely unbelievable.

I can't stress enough how great the sound was on the lawn. The crowd was good too. Minimal moshing, but not until Lateralus, and they weren't bad or dragging in innocent bystanders. I'm in the third row on Friday at Continental. I hope that they sound as good and balanced from there, but I doubt they will. Camden was great. Love the Philly skyline to the left also, really cool venue.

http://www.myspace.com/uhwithuhteethuh
OFFLINE |