View Single Post
Old 09-29-2006, 04:26 PM   #87
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/28 - Camden, NJ - Tweeter Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmom View Post
Yes, I noticed those 3 letters as well. Could of sworn it said ATF, but I was pretty far back so I'm not sure. Can anybody here clue us in?
My first (and last) Tool show in the pit - and not just the pit - I'm on the rail, literally 10-12 feet from Adam. G-Zus fuckin' christ the dude's a precision player! Almost mechanically precise, and I think he uses the tightest possible strings or something 'cause I couldn't even see them vibrating, and from that distance I expected to see some kind of movement.
Anyway - Yep, Maynard's jacket had ATF printed on the back, with a red-circle cross-out (like a no-smoking sign) in the center of the T. So, presumably it means "No ATF" - but my eyes are pretty bad, so I may be mistaken about the circle part. But the ATF letters i'm 100% on.
With regards to the show itself, my ears are still ringing, and, judging by the amount of positive postings about the sound, I'm sure it's just 'cause i was too close, but I wasn't very impressed with the overall sound quality, mixing, etc. I'm slated for 3 shows next week (Hartford, PNC center, & Nassau Coliseum), all of I have seats for so I'll probably get a better sound mix there. I couldn't really hear Maynard during songs, and couldn't understand him during comments. Again, I'm pretty sure it's just positioning, I look forward to my upcoming shows to get the mix the way it's intended, not just sound blasting at me.
It's definitely a different vibe with the light-colored stage (versus the old black backdrop, etc), and it's refreshing. You get a more positive feeling and they seem more human like that as opposed to the figures in the shadows with dark stage settings.
Really, the main thing i learned at this show is that Adam is a fucking badass, tight, precise, clean, no-nonsense player. Basically, it boils down to the same shit that everyone knows already: when you ARE it, you don't have to flaunt it. And Adam has absolutely no need to thrash and be all flamboyant, Adam is IT.