View Single Post
Old 09-29-2006, 02:57 PM   #81
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: 2006/09/28 - Camden, NJ - Tweeter Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnabyblack View Post
This is the 12th Tool show I attended. Maybe it's just that I have seen them too much but last night's show was non-event. With all the drunk jag-offs and the pooring rain aside, and don't get me wrong, Tool is hands down my favotire band and will remain so I think forever and they are the only band today that manages to pull off that success- without-sellout but...

the set list is boring...nothing from Opiate or Undertow. In the past they had interesting sets and always changed the way the songs where played a bit. They used to through in a cover here and there. Just seems this tour they are not as daring just straight forward with all the singles in play. First time I heard "Wings" and "10,000 days" which was amazing and "Rosetta" may be the best song ever written, ever.

I don't know I will try to avoid being disenchanted.

The lighting near the end reminded me of some strange Vegas Cabaret act.
I agree on the setlist. They could do something to switch it up. On the Lateralus tour, they would at least switch between "Forty-six & 2" and "H.," or "Opiate" and "Third Eye." There could be places throughout the set for audibles, if Brokeback Maynard would take off the cowboy hat and get Heath Ledger's tongue out of his ear.