View Single Post
chodaboy
04-21-2006, 02:17 PM

I agree. It's a diversion.

From becoming too caught up in all this stuff, I have come to the following possibilities.

1. What was leaked is what we get. FINAL.
2. What was leaked is what we get on May 2. Then a few weeks later we get the real deal. Possible 2 discs.
3. 10,000 Days is released. But the track names as well as music is different.
4. We get the songs, but they are more polished and more Tool.

After listening to the leak, I have come to the realization that these all (with the exception of Vicarious), lack what separates Tool from other bands. Danny’s drums are almost non existent. They lack the dynamics he is known for. Justin just sounds like he is goofing off. Still cool though. Adam has taken a way different approach, which sometimes is too different, even for him. Maynards lyrics are “meh”. Wings is about the only one that has substance. The Rosetta Stoned lyrics are hilarious. The Pot is just a bunch of clichés.

Another thing that bothers me is the obvious use of their past songs. Most of the songs are just a mishmash of various riffs. The flow is off as well. They seem very straight forward. There is a complete lack of hooks, harmonies, and melodies except for Vicarious. Also, the saying “Work hard, stay in school. Listen to your mother, your father was right”, in Intension, is a goof. Then with the saying of “Timmay!”, in Right and Two, is funny. The whole album just feels like a big, “Gotcha”. There are probably many more “Easter Eggs” in this album.

Tool fans are die hard. If Tool shit on a stick and told us it was a popsicle, many of us would eat it right up. They know that too. There are parts of these songs that are freaking cool, fresh and new. However, even on Michael Jordan’s worst day he still had moments of greatness. What I’m saying is this is half ass effort on these songs, on purpose!

What bothers me the most about this is the Wings series. It written poetically, a true testament, of Maynard’s Talent. Why would a goof album have a song dedicated to his mother? Does any one know for sure that she was paralyzed for about 27 years? How did this rumor start? Where is the proof? I tried looking up some obituaries in Ohio. The only thing I could find was Judith Marie Garrison. http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?_80004002=judith&_80004003=garrison&gsco=2 %2CUnited+States&gspl=38%2COhio&_82000004=&_810002 A3=&_810002A2=&_810002A1=&rg_83004031-int=&rs_83004031-int=0&_81004013=&_81004012=&_81004011=&_81004033=& _81004032=&_81004032=&_80100002=&_80100003=&_F0002 717=&gskw=&prox=1&db=&ti=0&ti.si=0&gl=webobitgroup &gss=mp-webobitgroup&gst=&rank=1&so=3
One of the others said that she died because of complications of an aneurism. I know obituaries aren’t going to say if she was paralyzed, but actual evidence of the length would be helpful. I know Maynard says “Broken down and paralyzed” in Judith, but was she really paralyzed for “around 10,000 days”?

Another thing that bothers me is that my brother works for Best Buy. He said that his Best Buy has 350 copies of 10,000 Days coming to them. It gives the same UPC number that is going around. It also states that the CD count is ONE. However it states that the packaging itself is one half of an inch thick. A regular CD is a little over one quarter of an inch thick. This could be because of the Digipak though.

The audio leak gets me as well. Usually when CD’s leak there are many sources. Meaning multiple hacker/insider groups rip the same CD. It only seems that there is one source with this leak. An awful one at that. Who the hell rips music to mp4’s?

I am so worked up about this now. Sometimes I just wish I would have never got caught in this mind fuck.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:17 PM   #47
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Fake: a more concise look

I agree. It's a diversion.

From becoming too caught up in all this stuff, I have come to the following possibilities.

1. What was leaked is what we get. FINAL.
2. What was leaked is what we get on May 2. Then a few weeks later we get the real deal. Possible 2 discs.
3. 10,000 Days is released. But the track names as well as music is different.
4. We get the songs, but they are more polished and more Tool.

After listening to the leak, I have come to the realization that these all (with the exception of Vicarious), lack what separates Tool from other bands. Danny’s drums are almost non existent. They lack the dynamics he is known for. Justin just sounds like he is goofing off. Still cool though. Adam has taken a way different approach, which sometimes is too different, even for him. Maynards lyrics are “meh”. Wings is about the only one that has substance. The Rosetta Stoned lyrics are hilarious. The Pot is just a bunch of clichés.

Another thing that bothers me is the obvious use of their past songs. Most of the songs are just a mishmash of various riffs. The flow is off as well. They seem very straight forward. There is a complete lack of hooks, harmonies, and melodies except for Vicarious. Also, the saying “Work hard, stay in school. Listen to your mother, your father was right”, in Intension, is a goof. Then with the saying of “Timmay!”, in Right and Two, is funny. The whole album just feels like a big, “Gotcha”. There are probably many more “Easter Eggs” in this album.

Tool fans are die hard. If Tool shit on a stick and told us it was a popsicle, many of us would eat it right up. They know that too. There are parts of these songs that are freaking cool, fresh and new. However, even on Michael Jordan’s worst day he still had moments of greatness. What I’m saying is this is half ass effort on these songs, on purpose!

What bothers me the most about this is the Wings series. It written poetically, a true testament, of Maynard’s Talent. Why would a goof album have a song dedicated to his mother? Does any one know for sure that she was paralyzed for about 27 years? How did this rumor start? Where is the proof? I tried looking up some obituaries in Ohio. The only thing I could find was Judith Marie Garrison. http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?_80004002=judith&_80004003=garrison&gsco=2 %2CUnited+States&gspl=38%2COhio&_82000004=&_810002 A3=&_810002A2=&_810002A1=&rg_83004031-int=&rs_83004031-int=0&_81004013=&_81004012=&_81004011=&_81004033=& _81004032=&_81004032=&_80100002=&_80100003=&_F0002 717=&gskw=&prox=1&db=&ti=0&ti.si=0&gl=webobitgroup &gss=mp-webobitgroup&gst=&rank=1&so=3
One of the others said that she died because of complications of an aneurism. I know obituaries aren’t going to say if she was paralyzed, but actual evidence of the length would be helpful. I know Maynard says “Broken down and paralyzed” in Judith, but was she really paralyzed for “around 10,000 days”?

Another thing that bothers me is that my brother works for Best Buy. He said that his Best Buy has 350 copies of 10,000 Days coming to them. It gives the same UPC number that is going around. It also states that the CD count is ONE. However it states that the packaging itself is one half of an inch thick. A regular CD is a little over one quarter of an inch thick. This could be because of the Digipak though.

The audio leak gets me as well. Usually when CD’s leak there are many sources. Meaning multiple hacker/insider groups rip the same CD. It only seems that there is one source with this leak. An awful one at that. Who the hell rips music to mp4’s?

I am so worked up about this now. Sometimes I just wish I would have never got caught in this mind fuck.