View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 05:36 AM   #88
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/10/07 - Uniondale, NY - Nassau Coliseum

Fourth Tool show to date. I have to say I was really disappointed with this show, but it's totally not the band's fault. I think I hit a dead area in terms of sound because I was off to the side of the stage and I knew right away that something was wrong at the beginning of Stinkfist. Vocals were way down low and the guitar was muddy and I couldn't really make out what Adam was doing. I had a few friends out in the audience in different areas of the coliseum that said they got excellent sound. So, that crashed my mood immediately. However, I still enjoyed what the band had to offer this time around.

The show was a bit too light-hearted for my taste. Although a spectacle and a lot of fun to watch, the emotional impact of the performance was low for me. Wings/10KD is one of my favorite Tool songs of all time, but I felt like it should have been left off the setlist. It pains me to say that because that was one track I was looking forward to hearing performed live for months. Big let down, but again, also could have been my seats/sound.

Highlights of the show for me were Jambi, Rosetta Stoned, and Lateralus. The laser show was sorta weak, but I enjoyed the visuals overall.

Shit happens, I guess. It was worth the money and I'm glad I went. Better luck in the Spring...and fuck you Nassau Coliseum. And while I'm at it, fuck the NY Islanders as well.
OFFLINE |