View Single Post
ironchefchris's Avatar ironchefchris
02-04-2012, 04:19 PM

not much to add but i have a few opinions...

-the visuals were outstanding with the different screens goin in and out and the evolution as they show went was pretty cool
-this was the best i've seen them play as a unit (my 5th show). dannys work with volto might explain how good that guys gotten
-sound was on point and so was maynards voice. great use of effects and choosing his lines carefully from song to song
-the songs had little changes that made the songs a bit more interesting for longtime listeners;
...jambi: end of the talk box solo was a bit off, but the band saved it nicely. i love seeing moments like this, shows how good they are
...stinkfist: adam played some sparse arpeggiated notes instead of chopping away wit hthe chords as per usual which i really liked during a few parts
...sober: one of the best of the night actually, they added some length to it and danny destroyed this song during the end and i noticed adam walk over to him after and give him props...pretty cool
...pushit was sort of a hybrid and was excellent
...the "intro jam" to schism was weak. i was lookin forward to it, but it's basically like a 4 chord progression with dynamic changes. cool but, it's tool. someone take a solo!
...schism was great, i still love the added part in it and visually i think this song is tremendous

-lateralus can go away. i love the song, but its getting old and the drum stuff is pretty boring. girl next to me rubbed her boobs during it for some reason. strange.
-also, i think tool is making a joke with the openers they pick. i'm in a band and i hope to never be asked to open for them b/c it might mean we suck haha. "Yob" is just not good.

all in all a great show, just thought i'd write a few things i noticed or didn't dig. hoping they release some new stuff soon
Old 02-04-2012, 04:19 PM   #5
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 02.03.2012 - Hampton, VA @ Hampton Coliseum

not much to add but i have a few opinions...

-the visuals were outstanding with the different screens goin in and out and the evolution as they show went was pretty cool
-this was the best i've seen them play as a unit (my 5th show). dannys work with volto might explain how good that guys gotten
-sound was on point and so was maynards voice. great use of effects and choosing his lines carefully from song to song
-the songs had little changes that made the songs a bit more interesting for longtime listeners;
...jambi: end of the talk box solo was a bit off, but the band saved it nicely. i love seeing moments like this, shows how good they are
...stinkfist: adam played some sparse arpeggiated notes instead of chopping away wit hthe chords as per usual which i really liked during a few parts
...sober: one of the best of the night actually, they added some length to it and danny destroyed this song during the end and i noticed adam walk over to him after and give him props...pretty cool
...pushit was sort of a hybrid and was excellent
...the "intro jam" to schism was weak. i was lookin forward to it, but it's basically like a 4 chord progression with dynamic changes. cool but, it's tool. someone take a solo!
...schism was great, i still love the added part in it and visually i think this song is tremendous

-lateralus can go away. i love the song, but its getting old and the drum stuff is pretty boring. girl next to me rubbed her boobs during it for some reason. strange.
-also, i think tool is making a joke with the openers they pick. i'm in a band and i hope to never be asked to open for them b/c it might mean we suck haha. "Yob" is just not good.

all in all a great show, just thought i'd write a few things i noticed or didn't dig. hoping they release some new stuff soon
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote