View Single Post
begmetostay's Avatar begmetostay
12-26-2011, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegean_okra View Post
46&2 and Schism are like Tool's pop tracks to me. i love 'em, but i've heard enough, and i especially don't like how obnoxiously loud and punchy they sound live nowadays. i guess i don't really want lateralus retired, just... trimmed down a bit: no drum circle jerk over justin hitting one note for 10 minutes, no break in the guitar riff before "with my feet upon the ground..." just a sweet, solid, modest delivery of the crown jewel of the album

besides, i've already heard all three live; was impressed by 46 and 2, mostly bored and turned off by live schism modulo danny's insane drumming in the sped-up section, and lateralus was less than bombastic

i'm not even complaining by the way. i just thought we were talking about setlists.

speaking of which, i have a bad feeling that we may not hear stinkfist this time around. i could listen to stinkfist, especially live versions, all day. definitely my favourite tool song, and was hoping to see it again (with the blotter right on top of me, at that)
I know stinkfist has been at every show i've seen but seriously that's just a great live tune. Will be sad to see it go. Also I would love to hear Lateralus without the drum off . Love Danny but it's a bit much sometimes.
Old 12-26-2011, 03:00 PM   #79
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1
Re: 2012 General Tool Tour Discussion *NO SPOILERS*

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegean_okra View Post
46&2 and Schism are like Tool's pop tracks to me. i love 'em, but i've heard enough, and i especially don't like how obnoxiously loud and punchy they sound live nowadays. i guess i don't really want lateralus retired, just... trimmed down a bit: no drum circle jerk over justin hitting one note for 10 minutes, no break in the guitar riff before "with my feet upon the ground..." just a sweet, solid, modest delivery of the crown jewel of the album

besides, i've already heard all three live; was impressed by 46 and 2, mostly bored and turned off by live schism modulo danny's insane drumming in the sped-up section, and lateralus was less than bombastic

i'm not even complaining by the way. i just thought we were talking about setlists.

speaking of which, i have a bad feeling that we may not hear stinkfist this time around. i could listen to stinkfist, especially live versions, all day. definitely my favourite tool song, and was hoping to see it again (with the blotter right on top of me, at that)
I know stinkfist has been at every show i've seen but seriously that's just a great live tune. Will be sad to see it go. Also I would love to hear Lateralus without the drum off . Love Danny but it's a bit much sometimes.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote