View Single Post
Old 10-13-2006, 10:22 AM   #102
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/10/07 - Uniondale, NY - Nassau Coliseum

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapatista976 View Post
This show was the culmination of 5 that I had seen on this tour [Camden, Mansfield, Wilkes-Barre, E. Rutherford, Wantaugh(sp?), and I am going to have to say that I am very dissappointed. Now I know a bunch of people are going to get on my case for saying that, but it's the truth. This tour was lousy, how can they play the same songs every night? doesn't that get boring for them? Maynard even said the same jokes every night, that's really lame, I don't care who says it. And lets not have any misconceptions, don't call me the "hooker with a penis" or anything like that. It's just that I remember seeing them four times on the lateralus tour and every concert/set list was different, they played the salival version of pushit for christ's sake. Then, maynard's movements on stage for this tour seemed as though he were lampooning himself. I don't know if anyone remembers, but on the Ænima tour, tool and maynard had a totally different mentality, look at the pictures from the 10,000 days tour and past tours, and look at maynard's eyes, you'll see the difference. It's like they took themselves seriously then. Now, I'm sure everyone and their mother's will have something to say about my comment, but they won't deny it's true. This tour reminded me of a rolling stones reunion tour in that it seemed as though tool had the attitude: "Allright, let's go out there and do this one more time, run through the motions, and then I, Maynard, can go back to being a wine snob and forgetting about everything I used to believe." Yeah, that's what it comes off as. I think someone should tie maynard to a chair and make him listen to Opiate and Undertow again, make him remember what he forgot. P.S. I love tool and am a huge fan, obviously if I went to five shows in a row, spent all my money on tickets .
times have change, why look back, this was the 10,000 days tour for god's sake. It was more of a timed stage show (lights,lazars, images so on). I loved this tour and Ive been to over 15 tool shows since 96/97? (anima, lat, and 10,000 days) I also went to 5 shows this tour so far including 1 durning the mini tour in NY and was blown away. I wish they didnt do any other songs other then 10,000 days and play its as it is on the cd which should of included right in two, but thats just me.

get over it, how the hell are you determaning what the band feels or their state of mind by looking at maynard's eyes, come on now get over yourself
OFFLINE |