View Single Post
Old 12-03-2002, 12:22 PM   #10
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Quote:
Originally posted by Goat Reverend
first off, before you get upset about having a tatoo because maynard says to fuck them, keep in mind that he has quite a large and intricate one covering his spine... when maynard says "fuck (this and that)" i think he simply finds them irrelevant... secondly, on an interpretational note, the reason he hopes we see armageddon soon, is that the end of the conscious life leads to the next phase of the collective unconscious, which is why he refers to it as a vacation, we are eternal, and life on earth and the 3rd demension is just a stage in our evolution (all this from the works of carl jung, a very influencial man in maynards life)... and lastly, as a "frat boy," know that such a stereotype is a bit judgemental, im sorry if one made fun of you when you were in college, but be open minded
I enjoyed your interpretational note. I too belive that "the end of the conscious life leads to the next phase of the collective unconscious." I also think Maynard feels that way too. However when he refers to the tatoos I belive he's just talking about the materialistic things that seem to make us so happy....Tatoos,money, cars ect...
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote