View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 08:24 PM   #1
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 110
Really accurate video interpretation...

This wasn't my idea..I got it from a youtube comment, i was looking for it but the video was removed (obviously with the comments as well), so kudos to this person who came up with this idea, maybe youre on tdn, if so you can fill in the void...cuz i dont remember everything...

I don't remember the explanation for the white dudes in the beginning, but it was pretty good.

What I do remember, though, is the explanation for parts after. So, the dude is confined to his world, the little cubed room. That's all he knows. Then he starts meditating (when he puts his head in the little container). His consciousness (the floating grape) starts existing, and as a result a window to "reality" exists.

The little guy is the big guy's ego. He's afraid, wants to stay in the room. But, the grapes (consciousness) eventually kills the little guy. At first, the self realized dude--being human and all--is angry, and afraid. He has lost his ego.

However, he follows consciousness into true reality and obtains true enlightenment.

It was explained better than this...but I just remember thinking that the dude who posted this idea hit the nail on the head...it seemed really accurate as to what the band was portraying given the song, the context of the album, the art, etc.

Just thought I'd share..and if you're here dude speak up! you would do your theory more justice than i would!