View Single Post
Old 05-12-2006, 09:18 PM   #6
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/05/12 - Minneapolis, MN - Orpheum Theatre

Amazing show. I was lucky to be able to attend.

Justin was insane.
Danny was amazing, as always.
Adam was great.
Maynard was jovial.

It really looked like they were having wonderful time up there, which just puts a huge grin on my face as I sit here and type this. =] It was fun to see Maynard as well as we could tonight, his dancing [if you could call it that] was just so much fun to watch.

We got last minute tickets, miraculously via Ticketmaster [persistance]. I was more than a little concerned when I read the fine print and the tickets read "Warning. Obstructed/Limited View." When we were making our way to our seats, my jaw dropped, they turned out to be these amazing box seats just off of stage left. We were literally within 15 feet of Justin and the front of the stage. Only bad part about those seats was that the sound seemed a bit distorted, but wow did it kick ass anyways. [if anyone can please let me know what Maynard was saying when he was talking to the crowd, I'd appreciate it!]

End of the show gave me the goosebumps. Both Danny and Justin came over to our side of the stage and just looked up at us and smiled and waved. What a wonderful feeling, to make eye contact with someone whom you feel like you've connected with a long time ago. I know I'm just a face in the crowd of thousands, but it really felt like they appreciated me being there.

The new material sounded flawless live. To be perfectly honest, I had grown a bit tired of Vicarious. Then I heard it again tonight, live, and it was AMAZING. Jambi is becoming one of my new Tool favorites. The Pot was fun as hell and LK/Rosetta Stoned absolutely shook the place apart.

Lateralus was played to perfection. It literally brought a tear to my eye. I really couldn't believe what I was watching/hearing/experiencing.

The Historic Orpheum in downtown Minneapolis was just about the best place I could imagine seeing my favorite band play. Everything is really built upwards, so there really doesn't seem to be a bad seat in the house.

I'm rambling now and beyond coherence. I can't wait to read what all of you other attendees thought about the show.

This was my 4th, but 1st in a small venue. I abso-fucking-lutely LOVED every second of it. I'm sad it is all over, it went by soooo fast.

Last edited by NetEther; 05-12-2006 at 09:24 PM..
OFFLINE |