Thread: puzzle?
View Single Post
Prison Sex's Avatar Prison Sex
05-07-2006, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmeny
Uhh, there are so many different theories here that Ihaven't read them all, so my apologies if this hasn't been pointed out already...
But, I do agree with the people saying the booklet should be read from the 'bottom' page first.
So first we have 'Tool - 10,000 Days', then the tracklist, then the eyes.
Then, we have a book, a pile of something, a skull in a belljar and a dagger. You then turn to Dannys picture, and the same objects are in the exact some positions on his desk.
Flick through some more pages, until you see the bird. You then turn to Justins page to see a bird. This makes me think that it IS meant to be the same bird (and to those that think it's a different bird, it even looks the same, it has the same beak and shape of head.)

This leads me to maynards picture, which is where we are led into intepretation. The fetus in the skull does not appear in maynards picture. (PS, anyone who thinks the reflection doesn't have a mohawk is daft and blind). The only translation of this I can come up with is that the child views the world vicariously through the death of their parents. I.e the fetus is alive, it has an umbilical chord, but it's in a skull, and Maynard is still alive, but quite clearly the death of his mother has moved him, and has given him a new interpretation of life.

Then we're back to the literal again, all the things in the picture with the sheeps skull and the bottle of oxygen in it, are all on the desk behind adam (you can see the jar with the sheeps head is behind adams head, but it is there.

Not really implying a theme here, just sort of threading together a few things, might lead us somewhere/nowhere.

Edit: Yep, Amster1 found it before I did, but I went into actual detail about it, so I win!
I actually came here when I noticed that, but then saw it was mentioned.

There is a picture before every band members picture. The one before Danny Carey has a close-up of the skull and knife on the desk, then the falcon for Justin, the oxygen tank and jars of oddities for Adam that are in the background of his picture, but none for Maynard, except for the fetus in the skull. For some reason I can't help but think it holds some meaning, like about his mother. The umbilical chord leads towards the eyes, "feeding" off what the mother sees? Also, the reflection of the woman is as if she were on "our point of view". If you understand what I mean by that, like she's looking into the scene from the point of view we are.

There are the two phones, and there is also two cups of wine. One in Maynards hand, being raised, and one sitting on the desk. A toast perhaps? Another thing I noticed is if you count from Adam's picture (the first band member picture) down to Maynards, his is the 4th page. 4th song on the album is 10,000 Days, which is about his mom.

Last edited by Prison Sex; 05-07-2006 at 09:39 PM..
Old 05-07-2006, 09:20 PM   #79
Walker of Dissonant Worlds

Bincount™: 770
Re: puzzle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmeny
Uhh, there are so many different theories here that Ihaven't read them all, so my apologies if this hasn't been pointed out already...
But, I do agree with the people saying the booklet should be read from the 'bottom' page first.
So first we have 'Tool - 10,000 Days', then the tracklist, then the eyes.
Then, we have a book, a pile of something, a skull in a belljar and a dagger. You then turn to Dannys picture, and the same objects are in the exact some positions on his desk.
Flick through some more pages, until you see the bird. You then turn to Justins page to see a bird. This makes me think that it IS meant to be the same bird (and to those that think it's a different bird, it even looks the same, it has the same beak and shape of head.)

This leads me to maynards picture, which is where we are led into intepretation. The fetus in the skull does not appear in maynards picture. (PS, anyone who thinks the reflection doesn't have a mohawk is daft and blind). The only translation of this I can come up with is that the child views the world vicariously through the death of their parents. I.e the fetus is alive, it has an umbilical chord, but it's in a skull, and Maynard is still alive, but quite clearly the death of his mother has moved him, and has given him a new interpretation of life.

Then we're back to the literal again, all the things in the picture with the sheeps skull and the bottle of oxygen in it, are all on the desk behind adam (you can see the jar with the sheeps head is behind adams head, but it is there.

Not really implying a theme here, just sort of threading together a few things, might lead us somewhere/nowhere.

Edit: Yep, Amster1 found it before I did, but I went into actual detail about it, so I win!
I actually came here when I noticed that, but then saw it was mentioned.

There is a picture before every band members picture. The one before Danny Carey has a close-up of the skull and knife on the desk, then the falcon for Justin, the oxygen tank and jars of oddities for Adam that are in the background of his picture, but none for Maynard, except for the fetus in the skull. For some reason I can't help but think it holds some meaning, like about his mother. The umbilical chord leads towards the eyes, "feeding" off what the mother sees? Also, the reflection of the woman is as if she were on "our point of view". If you understand what I mean by that, like she's looking into the scene from the point of view we are.

There are the two phones, and there is also two cups of wine. One in Maynards hand, being raised, and one sitting on the desk. A toast perhaps? Another thing I noticed is if you count from Adam's picture (the first band member picture) down to Maynards, his is the 4th page. 4th song on the album is 10,000 Days, which is about his mom.

Last edited by Prison Sex; 05-07-2006 at 09:39 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote