View Single Post
Old 09-26-2006, 10:27 AM   #41
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/25 - Cleveland, OH - Wolstein Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixstring571 View Post
I would like to say that the crowd is not the only problem. How can you have a pit when there are chairs on the floor? It should have been open so we could slam!!!!! There was an old lady with a pretzel on the floor. Are you kidding? I was trying to incite the kids around me to cut the chair straps and toss em out!!!!! I felt like a caged animal in that shitty arena!!!!!!! Couldn't really get into it as I would have liked to. But the band itself was electrifying!!!!!!!!

One of the security guards told me it was the band who didn't want people moshing. I find that hard to believe. If you don't want it, don't play that type of music. But I get the feeling that was just them tryin to pawn the bad blood about it ,off on the band. Pretty fucked up ask me. A request for Maynard? No more fucking arenas!!!!!!!!!!! Speaking for myself I want to mosh!!!!!!!!!!!! That's the reason for going to shows for me!!!!!!!

To echo a comment already in this thread; thank god there was no moshing. I HATE mosh pits; totally distracts from the music. Tool is far more cereberal than your stereotypical numetal show. Not the venue for neanderthalism. If you want that kind of idiocy, go bang your head into a cement wall at a disturbed show.

Overall, I thought the show was spectacular. I had awful seats--section 222, 2nd to top row--but oh well, what can you do. I loved the new synthy intros, and the alterations to songs like stinkfist and schism. Breathed new life into those songs. The wings suite totally kicked my ass. Loved it. If I had to find something to complain about, it would be to the jackass behind me. Thanks for burning the back of my neck with your lighter. Go fuck yourself, you piece of shit. Why dont you just go kill yourself? just kidding.
OFFLINE |