View Single Post
BlanketEffect's Avatar BlanketEffect
07-08-2006, 04:09 PM

I know it doesn't make sense, which is why I said it was the closest I could come. I was speaking phonetically. I gave it about a dozen listens on headphones and *tried* to hear 'floating/floated up above my bug eyes' and I just couldn't make myself hear it. But I kept *hearing* 'when I heard about my bug eyes' even though that's not even what I thought he was saying in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parables in the world
I think i figured the message in this song.....It's basically About Listening......
Maybe that was the intention when recording the vocals so absolutely incomprehensible in places. Like saying 'you need to pay attention to things closely' - not just drug trips and messages from ET.

Self-affirming? Oxymoronic. We are all one mind
Old 07-08-2006, 04:09 PM   #836
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 16
Re: 08 - Rosetta Stoned lyrics

I know it doesn't make sense, which is why I said it was the closest I could come. I was speaking phonetically. I gave it about a dozen listens on headphones and *tried* to hear 'floating/floated up above my bug eyes' and I just couldn't make myself hear it. But I kept *hearing* 'when I heard about my bug eyes' even though that's not even what I thought he was saying in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parables in the world
I think i figured the message in this song.....It's basically About Listening......
Maybe that was the intention when recording the vocals so absolutely incomprehensible in places. Like saying 'you need to pay attention to things closely' - not just drug trips and messages from ET.

Self-affirming? Oxymoronic. We are all one mind
OFFLINE |