Thread: Eulogy Meaning
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2021, 03:32 PM   #18
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Eulogy Meaning

Since I like digging up old subjects and I was just thinking about this, I thought maybe I would not read all the comments because there are too many and I'm lazy.
But my thought is that it isn't specifically about any one person. I mean, L. Ron Hubbard is mentioned in another song and all his clones. So while it's possible he was the inspiration. Like many artists, let's just assume the songs are meant to be interpreted by different people. I'm not going to get petty and say it's about Christ. That would be too obvious and unimaginative. Rather, it's about every "false" Christ out there -- the narcissists, the money grabbers who get rich off putting themselves up for some symbol or savior. This probably applies to all leaders who don't put themselves out there or lead from the front or by example. Instead, they simply set themselves up with a facade of one who can solve all their problems.
Personally, now it gets me thinking of Trump. I really hope they lock him up and throw away the key. This song would be a perfect eulogy for him.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote