View Single Post
swimminginmusic's Avatar swimminginmusic
03-27-2017, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangatang View Post
I love old cheese too! And I do support the "new place, new people, new experience" viewpoint. Its one I have used for the last three shows I have seen. But when you travel to see a show and incur all of the expenses with that endeavor, its kind of lame to get the same setlist, with maybe one new (old) song, as you saw six months or a year ago. If they want to keep doing that, then make the tickets cheaper please.
I don't know if I'm just in a super positive mood today, or just enjoy playing the devils advocate here… But I don't think tools ticket prices are outrageous. I go to a lot of concerts, and tool is on par with top tier headliners prices… I get more upset about the $25 in fees that Ticketmaster charges for their constant letdown of a service. Tool have produced a product that has a lot of value to me, and I'm OK with the ticket price acting as a sort of screening process, like how bad do you really want to see them? Coldplay is coming to Seattle, and I am nowhere near a fan… I would probably only recognize a couple of their singles. But I have heard they have a great performance and if tickets were $30-$40 I would consider going. I would just rather not have those types of people around me at tool shows. I want to be surrounded by people who would sell their souls for a better ticket. Diehards. Save the iHeartRadio teenyboppers for the festival shows. My least favorite tool show was the one in Las Vegas at the Pearl, only because the people around me were all socialites who didn't really appreciate tool and only got their tickets as part of a room package. Also, it was at the end of a very long 10,000 days tour and the band really did seem to lack energy. It felt like the menoteny of playing the same set for a year and a half, but I could only imagine what kind of last minute work it would take for Junior and the crew to rework all the AV techno choreography every night.
[Tucson07] [LasVegas07] [Phoenix09] [Tucson12] [SanDiego14] [SanFrancisco16] [SanDiego16] [TheGorge17] [Chicago18] [Denver19] [Denver19] [Glendale20] [Portland20] [Tacoma22] [Anaheim22] [SaltLakeCity22] [Orlando22] [Chicago22] [London22]
Old 03-27-2017, 01:25 PM   #5187
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0
Re: General Tool Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangatang View Post
I love old cheese too! And I do support the "new place, new people, new experience" viewpoint. Its one I have used for the last three shows I have seen. But when you travel to see a show and incur all of the expenses with that endeavor, its kind of lame to get the same setlist, with maybe one new (old) song, as you saw six months or a year ago. If they want to keep doing that, then make the tickets cheaper please.
I don't know if I'm just in a super positive mood today, or just enjoy playing the devils advocate here… But I don't think tools ticket prices are outrageous. I go to a lot of concerts, and tool is on par with top tier headliners prices… I get more upset about the $25 in fees that Ticketmaster charges for their constant letdown of a service. Tool have produced a product that has a lot of value to me, and I'm OK with the ticket price acting as a sort of screening process, like how bad do you really want to see them? Coldplay is coming to Seattle, and I am nowhere near a fan… I would probably only recognize a couple of their singles. But I have heard they have a great performance and if tickets were $30-$40 I would consider going. I would just rather not have those types of people around me at tool shows. I want to be surrounded by people who would sell their souls for a better ticket. Diehards. Save the iHeartRadio teenyboppers for the festival shows. My least favorite tool show was the one in Las Vegas at the Pearl, only because the people around me were all socialites who didn't really appreciate tool and only got their tickets as part of a room package. Also, it was at the end of a very long 10,000 days tour and the band really did seem to lack energy. It felt like the menoteny of playing the same set for a year and a half, but I could only imagine what kind of last minute work it would take for Junior and the crew to rework all the AV techno choreography every night.
[Tucson07] [LasVegas07] [Phoenix09] [Tucson12] [SanDiego14] [SanFrancisco16] [SanDiego16] [TheGorge17] [Chicago18] [Denver19] [Denver19] [Glendale20] [Portland20] [Tacoma22] [Anaheim22] [SaltLakeCity22] [Orlando22] [Chicago22] [London22]
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote