View Single Post
Durangatang
03-27-2017, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimminginmusic View Post
you know, can't say i really care about their motivations for touring. Cash grab or not, going to see Tool is always an awesome experience. If i am flying to a new city with a friend, or driving down the street with my wife, i know it'll be a good time. I have seen them front row, at the rail, from both sides, seats, pit… its always new and different. If they're only touring so MJK can bedazzle his dildo collection, GREAT! Yeah i know everyone is frustrated about this album, and needs to gripe and shit on the band… but I LOVE OLD CHEESE. This time ill be eating it on the lawn with a great WA backdrop somewhere i have never been before. And, if they end up posting a date for Red Rocks, ill just use that as a reason to visit my best man in Ft Collins and see TOOL while I'm there...
I love old cheese too! And I do support the "new place, new people, new experience" viewpoint. Its one I have used for the last three shows I have seen. But when you travel to see a show and incur all of the expenses with that endeavor, its kind of lame to get the same setlist, with maybe one new (old) song, as you saw six months or a year ago. If they want to keep doing that, then make the tickets cheaper please.
Old 03-27-2017, 12:17 PM   #5186
On Probation

Bincount™: 0
Re: General Tool Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimminginmusic View Post
you know, can't say i really care about their motivations for touring. Cash grab or not, going to see Tool is always an awesome experience. If i am flying to a new city with a friend, or driving down the street with my wife, i know it'll be a good time. I have seen them front row, at the rail, from both sides, seats, pit… its always new and different. If they're only touring so MJK can bedazzle his dildo collection, GREAT! Yeah i know everyone is frustrated about this album, and needs to gripe and shit on the band… but I LOVE OLD CHEESE. This time ill be eating it on the lawn with a great WA backdrop somewhere i have never been before. And, if they end up posting a date for Red Rocks, ill just use that as a reason to visit my best man in Ft Collins and see TOOL while I'm there...
I love old cheese too! And I do support the "new place, new people, new experience" viewpoint. Its one I have used for the last three shows I have seen. But when you travel to see a show and incur all of the expenses with that endeavor, its kind of lame to get the same setlist, with maybe one new (old) song, as you saw six months or a year ago. If they want to keep doing that, then make the tickets cheaper please.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote