View Single Post
Durangatang
03-27-2017, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J A G View Post
At what amount do you guys decide you've had enough of padding Tool's wallet? $190? $250? $300? Asking for a friend who sets ticket prices.
It is obvious to us OGTs that this "tour" is a naked cash grab for whatever side projects (musical and non-musical) the members are working on and need a little scratch to fund them. As long as they have us by the balls with the "new album coming out any day now..." hyperbole, fans will continue to line up to see them preform Old MacDonald and Mary Had A Little Lamb if need be to get their fix. I'm with you, JAG, on the side of being sick and tired of padding their wallets for the same set list over and over. I have seen them recently and if this new tour produces the same setlist, I will be out on live shows until a new album drops. I'm tired of paying over $130 for the same show. Unfortunately, there are still multitudes of fans that have not seen the same show (or any show) for the past couple of years and want to see them in their town. I can't hate on them for being excited to see Tool live but the show is getting an old cheese smell to it and at some point market fatigue will take place. But, I don't know if that will take another two or three mini-tours or ten.

At least that stupid snow falling filter on this site has gone away. God that was so annoying.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:14 AM   #5182
On Probation

Bincount™: 0
Re: General Tool Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by J A G View Post
At what amount do you guys decide you've had enough of padding Tool's wallet? $190? $250? $300? Asking for a friend who sets ticket prices.
It is obvious to us OGTs that this "tour" is a naked cash grab for whatever side projects (musical and non-musical) the members are working on and need a little scratch to fund them. As long as they have us by the balls with the "new album coming out any day now..." hyperbole, fans will continue to line up to see them preform Old MacDonald and Mary Had A Little Lamb if need be to get their fix. I'm with you, JAG, on the side of being sick and tired of padding their wallets for the same set list over and over. I have seen them recently and if this new tour produces the same setlist, I will be out on live shows until a new album drops. I'm tired of paying over $130 for the same show. Unfortunately, there are still multitudes of fans that have not seen the same show (or any show) for the past couple of years and want to see them in their town. I can't hate on them for being excited to see Tool live but the show is getting an old cheese smell to it and at some point market fatigue will take place. But, I don't know if that will take another two or three mini-tours or ten.

At least that stupid snow falling filter on this site has gone away. God that was so annoying.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote