Jambi
(-)Ions - small portion
Stinkfist (extended)
Forty-Six & 2
Schism (extended)
Lost Keys/ Rosetta Stoned
FLOOD!
Wings For Marie/10,000 Days
LateraLus (extended Merkaba w/ Melt Banana)
Vicarious

Seen them in (1st time) Dallas, TX - Shreveport, LA - and now Ft. Wayne, IN. Prior military so that what i was doin that far south. I live in Fishers, IN.

I watched some Melt Banana on the internet and didnt expect much but they kicked ass. Guitarist has some crazzy ass fx!

ANYWAY TooL was better and better each time i saw them and this last time was the best! I love every TooL song to the point where i need psychiatric care. Jambi has always been the shit live. During the intro, Maynard held up his hands like he was holding a rifle and aiming in a different direction with each blast from Adam. Stinkfist extended...first time ive seen it extended and it's amazing on youtube and an outerbody experience when its presented in front of you. When Adam takes over in that solo, it feels like my insides are coming out of every pore and the top of my head opens up. (third eye haha). Forty-Six & 2, you dont even have to go into detail about this work of art. Its Forty-Six & 2, thats all i should have to say. Schism, this is the first TooL song i ever heard so this one is closest to my heart. Extended version is a great twist. Lost Keys always puts a tear on my face. Justin's bass moaning and Adam releasing a soothing, angelic sound through his guitar. Rosetta Stoned, i dont think i'll ever be able to sing that song as quick as Maynard or have the timing and coordination like Danny, Adam, and Justin. I cant really speak much about this song, trust me, it will speak to you. Ready for this? FLOOD! WOW! Before any TooL concert, ive predicted what the "X" song would be. Dallas, i didnt really guess anything cuz it was the first time. I was just hoping i would be alive after the show. But we got The Pot and AEnima there. In Shreveport, i predicted Intension/Right In Two and i got it! This show, i was wanting Pushit or Flood. Obviously, i got Flood. I couldnt believe it! You know when its comin too, thats the awesome/crazy/funny part! Duuunnnnn dun dunNNN daaaahhhhhh dah dun dun hahahha! Wings For Marie/10,000 Days. Im gonna say this this is like the Disposition/Reflection. If they went around playing just these 2 songs, i would pay the regular price of a normal show. The lasers, the background, and the crowd totally consumed by the music and Maynard's voice. My favorite part was: "You are the only one who can hold your head up high" *everyone sang and shook their fist* "shake your fist at the gate sayin 'IIII'VE COME HOME NOW!" Gave me goosbumps and lead to that Stinkfist feeling. LateraLus - this is without a doubt my favorite TooL song of all time. I had been looking at previous reviews to see what we were gonna see and Melt Banana had been doin an extended version of LateraLus. Since i wasn't too impressed with them before i saw them, i was afraid my fav. song was gonna be ruined. But it wasnt. The extension turned out to be incredible. It was a sound and visual mind fuck with a little travel back in time. I dunno if anyone noticed, but what the guitarist from Melt Banana was doing was Merkaba. I completly lost my mind and really couldnt process a thought. What i was seeing and hearing was just being dumped into my brain and i will always remember it. Melt Banana singer and Maynard played rock, paper, scissors. Crowd went insane when Maynard won. They all (Melt Banana) hugged and said goodbye. Then it went right back to the original song. Duh duh duh duh - duh duh duh duh - duh duh duh duh - duh duh duh duh. Vicarious. Might be my favorite song to play on guitar. What can't i say about this song? Another one of the many TooL songs where you are consumed and get completly lost in the music. I was jealous of the guy that got on stage. It's always been a dream of mine to get on stage like that guy did during Pushit (i know you all have seen the vid), get punished by Maynard while he's singing in my ear, and get a signature. But i also dont wanna be the guy that catches shit from the crowd and possibly disliked by Maynard. I want all their signatues between my LateraLus eye and APC tattoo - Off track now - It's a sad song on the tour, because you know its the end of the show.

And finally the end of this review. Whew! I've waited almost a month to post this.

I've seen you guys 3 times and hope there will be many more to come. "Something kinda sad about, the way the things have come to be," I hope you will go around the U.S. one more time after you're done over seas. Then take a nice loooong, hard earned break you all deserve. And then release another album in 5 years. I will be waiting.

Thank you Maynard James Keenan
Thank you Adam Jones.
Thank you Danny Carey.
Thank you Justin Chancellor.

Last edited by 3rdEyeTired; 07-14-2007 at 10:51 AM..
Old 07-14-2007, 10:24 AM   #26
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
2007/06/23 - Ft. Wayne, IN - Memorial Coliseum

Setlist:

Jambi
(-)Ions - small portion
Stinkfist (extended)
Forty-Six & 2
Schism (extended)
Lost Keys/ Rosetta Stoned
FLOOD!
Wings For Marie/10,000 Days
LateraLus (extended Merkaba w/ Melt Banana)
Vicarious

Seen them in (1st time) Dallas, TX - Shreveport, LA - and now Ft. Wayne, IN. Prior military so that what i was doin that far south. I live in Fishers, IN.

I watched some Melt Banana on the internet and didnt expect much but they kicked ass. Guitarist has some crazzy ass fx!

ANYWAY TooL was better and better each time i saw them and this last time was the best! I love every TooL song to the point where i need psychiatric care. Jambi has always been the shit live. During the intro, Maynard held up his hands like he was holding a rifle and aiming in a different direction with each blast from Adam. Stinkfist extended...first time ive seen it extended and it's amazing on youtube and an outerbody experience when its presented in front of you. When Adam takes over in that solo, it feels like my insides are coming out of every pore and the top of my head opens up. (third eye haha). Forty-Six & 2, you dont even have to go into detail about this work of art. Its Forty-Six & 2, thats all i should have to say. Schism, this is the first TooL song i ever heard so this one is closest to my heart. Extended version is a great twist. Lost Keys always puts a tear on my face. Justin's bass moaning and Adam releasing a soothing, angelic sound through his guitar. Rosetta Stoned, i dont think i'll ever be able to sing that song as quick as Maynard or have the timing and coordination like Danny, Adam, and Justin. I cant really speak much about this song, trust me, it will speak to you. Ready for this? FLOOD! WOW! Before any TooL concert, ive predicted what the "X" song would be. Dallas, i didnt really guess anything cuz it was the first time. I was just hoping i would be alive after the show. But we got The Pot and AEnima there. In Shreveport, i predicted Intension/Right In Two and i got it! This show, i was wanting Pushit or Flood. Obviously, i got Flood. I couldnt believe it! You know when its comin too, thats the awesome/crazy/funny part! Duuunnnnn dun dunNNN daaaahhhhhh dah dun dun hahahha! Wings For Marie/10,000 Days. Im gonna say this this is like the Disposition/Reflection. If they went around playing just these 2 songs, i would pay the regular price of a normal show. The lasers, the background, and the crowd totally consumed by the music and Maynard's voice. My favorite part was: "You are the only one who can hold your head up high" *everyone sang and shook their fist* "shake your fist at the gate sayin 'IIII'VE COME HOME NOW!" Gave me goosbumps and lead to that Stinkfist feeling. LateraLus - this is without a doubt my favorite TooL song of all time. I had been looking at previous reviews to see what we were gonna see and Melt Banana had been doin an extended version of LateraLus. Since i wasn't too impressed with them before i saw them, i was afraid my fav. song was gonna be ruined. But it wasnt. The extension turned out to be incredible. It was a sound and visual mind fuck with a little travel back in time. I dunno if anyone noticed, but what the guitarist from Melt Banana was doing was Merkaba. I completly lost my mind and really couldnt process a thought. What i was seeing and hearing was just being dumped into my brain and i will always remember it. Melt Banana singer and Maynard played rock, paper, scissors. Crowd went insane when Maynard won. They all (Melt Banana) hugged and said goodbye. Then it went right back to the original song. Duh duh duh duh - duh duh duh duh - duh duh duh duh - duh duh duh duh. Vicarious. Might be my favorite song to play on guitar. What can't i say about this song? Another one of the many TooL songs where you are consumed and get completly lost in the music. I was jealous of the guy that got on stage. It's always been a dream of mine to get on stage like that guy did during Pushit (i know you all have seen the vid), get punished by Maynard while he's singing in my ear, and get a signature. But i also dont wanna be the guy that catches shit from the crowd and possibly disliked by Maynard. I want all their signatues between my LateraLus eye and APC tattoo - Off track now - It's a sad song on the tour, because you know its the end of the show.

And finally the end of this review. Whew! I've waited almost a month to post this.

I've seen you guys 3 times and hope there will be many more to come. "Something kinda sad about, the way the things have come to be," I hope you will go around the U.S. one more time after you're done over seas. Then take a nice loooong, hard earned break you all deserve. And then release another album in 5 years. I will be waiting.

Thank you Maynard James Keenan
Thank you Adam Jones.
Thank you Danny Carey.
Thank you Justin Chancellor.

Last edited by 3rdEyeTired; 07-14-2007 at 10:51 AM..
OFFLINE |