View Single Post
toolchick17
07-13-2007, 07:07 AM

WOW. Second Tool show this tour, went back in September. Seats were pretty good, section 9 row Q 18-19. From open-air seats you could see everything, and after all the complain I've read about at the past month of shows, I have to say the mix was perfect, I could hear every member clearly.

Maynard came out in his orange sweatshirt and cowboy hat, same as last year. Although, he had a mohawk going on? Staff in lab coats was awesome.

Jambi - Great opener. Maynard was dancing around and everyone was really grooving during this. Adam's talkbox solo was phenomenal and perfect, there's no other way to describe it.

Stinkfist - Everyone loves this song. You could really tell the crowd was feeling it, singing along and swaying to it. I had wondered what the scream mentioned at previous shows was, but it was a cool addition to the song after one of the versus I believe. My brother (section 8) and I both caught the fact that Maynard sang "I'll...keep...singing!" not digging. Very cool.

46 & 2 - Good song, fun to sing along to. Could have been swapped out for The Pot but I won't complain. Gotta love Danny's short solo.

Schism - Such a great song, always been a favorite. The second those first 4 chords rung out I was pumped. The sped-up bridge made my jaw drop. The slowdown to "Atrophy has.." following the bridge was cool, kind of gradual.

Rosetta Stoned - Always a great song. Vocals were a bit hard to hear, but that's simply because of the effect Maynard uses. An awesome job all in all. I wasn't sure what it was at first until "Alrighty then.." but was glad they didn't waste their time with Lost Keys as I've heard the vocals have been inaudible. That pause right before the last minute and a half was extended, then I was floored when Maynard came back in with the yell. A little off at many times, but still good.

Pushit - Epic. We are so lucky we got to hear this, as it's only happened rarely on this tour. It sounded perfect from where I was.

Flood - Was not expecting this to follow Pushit, thinking we already got the 'treat' song. This was a highlight for me. I don't know the song as well as I should, but that rumbling bass in the beginning is so recognizable. Visuals were intense; scenes of blue water playing everywhere while the three lighting circles glowed red. Just wow.

Wings For Marie (Pt 1) - Lighters before this were very cool. Adam and Danny(?) sitting on the riser holding up their lighters. Great visuals on this song, no flashes from the audience. Well done!

10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2) - An awesome, awesome song. Another favorite of mine, the visuals were great and the vocals were flawless. I did notice he sang the last line "It's time for you to bring me home" the way he sang the last line of Wings. A little change up, but well done nonetheless.

Lateralus - Another highlight. They kept the opening going for a while, Danny getting louder and louder on the drums. Everytime I thought they would start jamming into the first verse's intro, Danny just kept wailing. Very cool. Maynard messed up, singing the first verse twice. I think this threw off the whole band because things seemed off for the rest of the song until the epic drum off. Justin was funny sitting in his knees just finger picking those 3 notes and chugging a few beers. Lighting was amazing is this; black then white lasers changed to red and yellow. During "Spiral out!" the three lighting circles flashed white lights so it looked like the three circles themselves were spinning, so cool!

Vicarious - A questionable closer that turned out great. The whole crowd was truly jamming throughout this. No "Vicariously IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII, live while the whole world dies". It's said he doesn't sing it to preserve his voice, but there are much harder vocals throughout the show. Whatever!

The band on stage after was awesome. Danny and Justin hugging a bunch of times, as they are so tight carrying the rhythm of the whole show. The whole group hugged and got a massive cheer from what I thought was a great crowd. Maynard walked off, typical, while Adam, Justin and Danny kept giving their thanks and appreciation. They then started throwing water bottles, drum sticks, and drum covers into the audience; lucky bastards who caught them!

Maynard's one speech went something like this..."Hey all you drunk bastards! Thank you for coming out to see us...see you soon. Take care of each other and be careful driving. I know you're all drunk so please resist the urge to have sex with a family member." - correct me if I'm wrong.

Alrighty then...great show all in all. The mix and view, for my section, was perfect. A few cons though: three assholes, two rows ahead of me, decided to get trashed and their Lateralus mini-mosh turned into a fight between the three of them during the drum off. Very annoying because I'm trying to watch while everyone's looking to my left to see these idiots beat each other up. A few of the songs were off at parts, but Tool makes up for it with songs like Schism, Vicarious, Flood and Pushit, which were all tight as hell. Traffic sucked. We sat in the parking lot until about 12:15 because the people around us in line had only moved about 3 spots up in 45 minutes.

What a night. I had a natural high going on the whole time and found myself smiling while jamming during most of the songs due to how amazing they sounded. Great job guys! I will be back the second tickets go on sale for another Tool show in Mansfield, no doubt.

Spiral out!
Old 07-13-2007, 07:07 AM   #31
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/12 - Boston, MA - Tweeter Center

WOW. Second Tool show this tour, went back in September. Seats were pretty good, section 9 row Q 18-19. From open-air seats you could see everything, and after all the complain I've read about at the past month of shows, I have to say the mix was perfect, I could hear every member clearly.

Maynard came out in his orange sweatshirt and cowboy hat, same as last year. Although, he had a mohawk going on? Staff in lab coats was awesome.

Jambi - Great opener. Maynard was dancing around and everyone was really grooving during this. Adam's talkbox solo was phenomenal and perfect, there's no other way to describe it.

Stinkfist - Everyone loves this song. You could really tell the crowd was feeling it, singing along and swaying to it. I had wondered what the scream mentioned at previous shows was, but it was a cool addition to the song after one of the versus I believe. My brother (section 8) and I both caught the fact that Maynard sang "I'll...keep...singing!" not digging. Very cool.

46 & 2 - Good song, fun to sing along to. Could have been swapped out for The Pot but I won't complain. Gotta love Danny's short solo.

Schism - Such a great song, always been a favorite. The second those first 4 chords rung out I was pumped. The sped-up bridge made my jaw drop. The slowdown to "Atrophy has.." following the bridge was cool, kind of gradual.

Rosetta Stoned - Always a great song. Vocals were a bit hard to hear, but that's simply because of the effect Maynard uses. An awesome job all in all. I wasn't sure what it was at first until "Alrighty then.." but was glad they didn't waste their time with Lost Keys as I've heard the vocals have been inaudible. That pause right before the last minute and a half was extended, then I was floored when Maynard came back in with the yell. A little off at many times, but still good.

Pushit - Epic. We are so lucky we got to hear this, as it's only happened rarely on this tour. It sounded perfect from where I was.

Flood - Was not expecting this to follow Pushit, thinking we already got the 'treat' song. This was a highlight for me. I don't know the song as well as I should, but that rumbling bass in the beginning is so recognizable. Visuals were intense; scenes of blue water playing everywhere while the three lighting circles glowed red. Just wow.

Wings For Marie (Pt 1) - Lighters before this were very cool. Adam and Danny(?) sitting on the riser holding up their lighters. Great visuals on this song, no flashes from the audience. Well done!

10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2) - An awesome, awesome song. Another favorite of mine, the visuals were great and the vocals were flawless. I did notice he sang the last line "It's time for you to bring me home" the way he sang the last line of Wings. A little change up, but well done nonetheless.

Lateralus - Another highlight. They kept the opening going for a while, Danny getting louder and louder on the drums. Everytime I thought they would start jamming into the first verse's intro, Danny just kept wailing. Very cool. Maynard messed up, singing the first verse twice. I think this threw off the whole band because things seemed off for the rest of the song until the epic drum off. Justin was funny sitting in his knees just finger picking those 3 notes and chugging a few beers. Lighting was amazing is this; black then white lasers changed to red and yellow. During "Spiral out!" the three lighting circles flashed white lights so it looked like the three circles themselves were spinning, so cool!

Vicarious - A questionable closer that turned out great. The whole crowd was truly jamming throughout this. No "Vicariously IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII, live while the whole world dies". It's said he doesn't sing it to preserve his voice, but there are much harder vocals throughout the show. Whatever!

The band on stage after was awesome. Danny and Justin hugging a bunch of times, as they are so tight carrying the rhythm of the whole show. The whole group hugged and got a massive cheer from what I thought was a great crowd. Maynard walked off, typical, while Adam, Justin and Danny kept giving their thanks and appreciation. They then started throwing water bottles, drum sticks, and drum covers into the audience; lucky bastards who caught them!

Maynard's one speech went something like this..."Hey all you drunk bastards! Thank you for coming out to see us...see you soon. Take care of each other and be careful driving. I know you're all drunk so please resist the urge to have sex with a family member." - correct me if I'm wrong.

Alrighty then...great show all in all. The mix and view, for my section, was perfect. A few cons though: three assholes, two rows ahead of me, decided to get trashed and their Lateralus mini-mosh turned into a fight between the three of them during the drum off. Very annoying because I'm trying to watch while everyone's looking to my left to see these idiots beat each other up. A few of the songs were off at parts, but Tool makes up for it with songs like Schism, Vicarious, Flood and Pushit, which were all tight as hell. Traffic sucked. We sat in the parking lot until about 12:15 because the people around us in line had only moved about 3 spots up in 45 minutes.

What a night. I had a natural high going on the whole time and found myself smiling while jamming during most of the songs due to how amazing they sounded. Great job guys! I will be back the second tickets go on sale for another Tool show in Mansfield, no doubt.

Spiral out!