View Single Post
Buddie's Avatar Buddie
07-12-2007, 10:59 PM

I've always hated reading posts and seeing the person who just disagrees with every post, and I'm sorry to say - I am that person.

There are some people who go to see Tool because "it is the cool thing to do" while others go because they enjoy "some songs" or "a good time." I would place myself into the category of "Complete Obsession." I've become so familiar with the songs, that I think I notice when there are fuck ups.

I'm not too crazy about seeing them in outdoor venues. I believe this tour was meant for indoor stadiums. The sound seemed to get better in my eyes as the show went on.

-I thought sound-wise, Jambi was terrible (Stinkfist, in my opinion, an insane opener), but it's an incredible song.

-Stinkfist is probably one of the top live songs. No extended version, but I swear the lyrics for "I'll keep digging till I feel something" were changing (the "digging" specifically).

(*side note* My girlfriend, buddy, and I moved across about 10 seats [From Section 4 Row W seats 1/2/3 to possibly 7/8/9?] to see if we could see more of the stage. In front of our "new" seats were these 3 slightly extra-baggage girls, one who seemed to have a "clothing optional" attitude, and they were dancing like Akon was on stage. They were loud, obnoxious, and did no justice in minimizing my hate of the gender. The hands were flailing about and they had these whiny singing voices (fully equipped with "whooooooo!!!! everytime Maynard stopped singing) like they were trying to sing after finding out that Kanye West's new album got pushed back. To those girls (who probably will never read this): I hope you choke).

We moved back after
-46&2 went pretty well. I do believe Danny got lost at the beginning of the drum solo. The guitar felt like it was fading out, or adam was cutting every note he hit.

-I'm a little tired of hearing schism.

-Rosetta Stoned was a complete mess. As I said, it's impossible for me to come into this forum, absolutely loving this band, without being able to admit that everything they do is not HOLY SHIT material. The band got lost many times on this. Maynard doesn't seem like he'll ever be able to sing so that "Holy fuckin shit" "pissed my fuckin pants" or "graudate from fuckin high school" ever come in at the right point. Justin seemed fine, but to be honest (for this song anyways) I wasn't watching him all that much. Not too impressive.

-I was praying to Christ that they would not play Flood tonight, and also praying for Right In Two. When Pushit started, I decided it was a fair trade. There were a couple of messups here on Adam's behalf, and I feel as though Maynard came in way too early for a couple of parts (as well as forgetting the 2nd line of the song). Then Flood started and I tried as hard as I could to get into the song, honestly, but I just couldn't.

-The lighter interlude is beautiful.

-Wings for Marie/10,000 Days is such an incredible song, and is brilliantly put together. I'm ashamed more at the crowd for this then the band, granted, I still had that feeling of Maynard coming in way too early at parts. Adam and Danny lost it a little here too. By the quiet part ("Daylight dims...") I realized if you listened, you could tell that the volume of the crowd's conversations with one another were almost as loud as before Tool went on. I would like to embarrassingly apologize to Maynard, Justin, Adam, and Danny for the crowd clapping after this song was over. Most were clapping because it is protocol. My clapping was for the brilliance of the song.

-Lateralus went very well, with the exception of the effect put on Lateralus for the first repitition of the beginning riff, it made it sound like Adam was playing a 12-string. They got through this song fine (Maynard forgot the "There is so much more that" part of the second verse. I was completely blown away by the Drum Off between Cody and Danny. I was pissed at first for the interruption of a beautiful song, but I ended up pissed that there wasn't more. Kind of makes me wish I hadn't shown up later than planned and missed Big Business.

-Vicarious was flawless. I'm almost positive we got the final "Vicariously I..." chorus. I'm only 100% that he did the "Much better you than I."

Overall I felt that they might not have been as ready as they thought they were for this. And to the Tweeter Center, you people check tickets way too much. The only maynardism of the night was to "Drive home safely, I know you're all drunk you drunk bastards. Try not to fuck any relatives," but sorry to say - I did not heed his advice.

..D.O.N.T...T.H.E.S.E...T.A.L.K.I.N.G...M.O.N.K.E. Y.S...K.N.O.W...T.H.A.T...E.D.E.N...H.A.S...E.N.O. U.G.H...T.O...G.O...A.R.O.U.N.D.?
Old 07-12-2007, 10:59 PM   #16
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/12 - Boston, MA - Tweeter Center

I've always hated reading posts and seeing the person who just disagrees with every post, and I'm sorry to say - I am that person.

There are some people who go to see Tool because "it is the cool thing to do" while others go because they enjoy "some songs" or "a good time." I would place myself into the category of "Complete Obsession." I've become so familiar with the songs, that I think I notice when there are fuck ups.

I'm not too crazy about seeing them in outdoor venues. I believe this tour was meant for indoor stadiums. The sound seemed to get better in my eyes as the show went on.

-I thought sound-wise, Jambi was terrible (Stinkfist, in my opinion, an insane opener), but it's an incredible song.

-Stinkfist is probably one of the top live songs. No extended version, but I swear the lyrics for "I'll keep digging till I feel something" were changing (the "digging" specifically).

(*side note* My girlfriend, buddy, and I moved across about 10 seats [From Section 4 Row W seats 1/2/3 to possibly 7/8/9?] to see if we could see more of the stage. In front of our "new" seats were these 3 slightly extra-baggage girls, one who seemed to have a "clothing optional" attitude, and they were dancing like Akon was on stage. They were loud, obnoxious, and did no justice in minimizing my hate of the gender. The hands were flailing about and they had these whiny singing voices (fully equipped with "whooooooo!!!! everytime Maynard stopped singing) like they were trying to sing after finding out that Kanye West's new album got pushed back. To those girls (who probably will never read this): I hope you choke).

We moved back after
-46&2 went pretty well. I do believe Danny got lost at the beginning of the drum solo. The guitar felt like it was fading out, or adam was cutting every note he hit.

-I'm a little tired of hearing schism.

-Rosetta Stoned was a complete mess. As I said, it's impossible for me to come into this forum, absolutely loving this band, without being able to admit that everything they do is not HOLY SHIT material. The band got lost many times on this. Maynard doesn't seem like he'll ever be able to sing so that "Holy fuckin shit" "pissed my fuckin pants" or "graudate from fuckin high school" ever come in at the right point. Justin seemed fine, but to be honest (for this song anyways) I wasn't watching him all that much. Not too impressive.

-I was praying to Christ that they would not play Flood tonight, and also praying for Right In Two. When Pushit started, I decided it was a fair trade. There were a couple of messups here on Adam's behalf, and I feel as though Maynard came in way too early for a couple of parts (as well as forgetting the 2nd line of the song). Then Flood started and I tried as hard as I could to get into the song, honestly, but I just couldn't.

-The lighter interlude is beautiful.

-Wings for Marie/10,000 Days is such an incredible song, and is brilliantly put together. I'm ashamed more at the crowd for this then the band, granted, I still had that feeling of Maynard coming in way too early at parts. Adam and Danny lost it a little here too. By the quiet part ("Daylight dims...") I realized if you listened, you could tell that the volume of the crowd's conversations with one another were almost as loud as before Tool went on. I would like to embarrassingly apologize to Maynard, Justin, Adam, and Danny for the crowd clapping after this song was over. Most were clapping because it is protocol. My clapping was for the brilliance of the song.

-Lateralus went very well, with the exception of the effect put on Lateralus for the first repitition of the beginning riff, it made it sound like Adam was playing a 12-string. They got through this song fine (Maynard forgot the "There is so much more that" part of the second verse. I was completely blown away by the Drum Off between Cody and Danny. I was pissed at first for the interruption of a beautiful song, but I ended up pissed that there wasn't more. Kind of makes me wish I hadn't shown up later than planned and missed Big Business.

-Vicarious was flawless. I'm almost positive we got the final "Vicariously I..." chorus. I'm only 100% that he did the "Much better you than I."

Overall I felt that they might not have been as ready as they thought they were for this. And to the Tweeter Center, you people check tickets way too much. The only maynardism of the night was to "Drive home safely, I know you're all drunk you drunk bastards. Try not to fuck any relatives," but sorry to say - I did not heed his advice.

..D.O.N.T...T.H.E.S.E...T.A.L.K.I.N.G...M.O.N.K.E. Y.S...K.N.O.W...T.H.A.T...E.D.E.N...H.A.S...E.N.O. U.G.H...T.O...G.O...A.R.O.U.N.D.?
OFFLINE |