View Single Post
spiral-out
06-07-2007, 09:58 AM

This was my first Tool show. I have been waiting to see them live since I was a teenager so this was a big deal for me. And I was both impressed and irritated.

I think the band was AMAZING. There were some minor issues...but these things are only to be expected from such intricate, complex songs. The visuals and effects that went on were well worth the money spent...the setlist was great... and this girl went home happy, if not a little deaf from Melt Bannana.

First off, I don't blame Maynard for having his back to the audience almost the whole time...this was the most disrespectful audience I have ever witnessed in all of my concert going years. (My boyfriend and I were on the floor and for whatever reason it seemed like all the ignorant testosterone filled drunken frat boys were EVERYWHERE we turned). WHY would you mosh to Tool???? This is supposed to be an experience. And the cell phone picture/movie taking is MORE then annoying.
But the lighter break was surreal.

And if some dipshit shined a laser pointer thing in my eye...I don't think I would act too cordial or be too pleased to finish my set either. I wish people as a whole weren't so rude. But I have just moved to Florida from Boston, and am beginning to find that Florida people just seem to be more rude then most. (sorry if that offends... it's just my opinion, as it seems that whom ever I see play in Massachusetts gives some of the best shows of their tours, due in part to the appreciative audiences.)

I am going to see them play in Mass this July and look forward to a better crowd.
And hopefully, Maynard and the band will be in better spirits. Yet even with the slight problems...this was one of the best concerts I have ever seen.

Last edited by spiral-out; 06-07-2007 at 10:08 AM..
Old 06-07-2007, 09:58 AM   #21
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/01 - Sunrise, FL - Bank Atlantic Center

This was my first Tool show. I have been waiting to see them live since I was a teenager so this was a big deal for me. And I was both impressed and irritated.

I think the band was AMAZING. There were some minor issues...but these things are only to be expected from such intricate, complex songs. The visuals and effects that went on were well worth the money spent...the setlist was great... and this girl went home happy, if not a little deaf from Melt Bannana.

First off, I don't blame Maynard for having his back to the audience almost the whole time...this was the most disrespectful audience I have ever witnessed in all of my concert going years. (My boyfriend and I were on the floor and for whatever reason it seemed like all the ignorant testosterone filled drunken frat boys were EVERYWHERE we turned). WHY would you mosh to Tool???? This is supposed to be an experience. And the cell phone picture/movie taking is MORE then annoying.
But the lighter break was surreal.

And if some dipshit shined a laser pointer thing in my eye...I don't think I would act too cordial or be too pleased to finish my set either. I wish people as a whole weren't so rude. But I have just moved to Florida from Boston, and am beginning to find that Florida people just seem to be more rude then most. (sorry if that offends... it's just my opinion, as it seems that whom ever I see play in Massachusetts gives some of the best shows of their tours, due in part to the appreciative audiences.)

I am going to see them play in Mass this July and look forward to a better crowd.
And hopefully, Maynard and the band will be in better spirits. Yet even with the slight problems...this was one of the best concerts I have ever seen.

Last edited by spiral-out; 06-07-2007 at 10:08 AM..
OFFLINE |