Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Intension intro
Right In Two
Wings For Marie (pt 1)
10,000 Days (Wings pt 2)
Lateralus (extended)
Vicarious
Great show. In all a completely cathartic experience. Theres was no talk, TOOL was all business this time, no typical dry irony or humorous annecdotes by Maynard...but they gave me my moneys worth. As noted maynard started off with Jambi doing a dance to the intro that resembled something elvis would've done in his latter days. The 6 screens exploded with images of fire, which i really liked. I wasnt very impressed with stinkfist I didnt even bother to sing along...almost felt like a cliche. This is my 2nd show and I was excited when they ripped into 46&2. Schism was great...by that time a fellow marsian had shared some botswana home-grow with me, so I really jammed with the extended version. I didnt become mystified until Lost Keys, the intro really put me in a trance. I remember looking around and seeing the mesmerized faces of those around me...i thought about church and then i thought about the similarities between that and re-education camps. About a minute into Lost Keys the 3 circular lights above the stage began tilting forward. At first i thought of how comical they were...made to resemble UFO's, but the spiritual side of it all made me think maybe they were suggesting something about the Trinity. The visual art was amazing, there was a lot of use of sacred geometry as well as dissectional art in the background. Rosetta Stoned was by far the hightlight of the night...'HOLY FUCKING SHIT'... I was on the floor about 5 or 6 rows back and completely bewildered. The laser show was incredible, they kept shooting more and more fog to try to intensify the effect. Im not sure if anyone else noticed, but the initial pattern of lasers formed the top part of a pentagram and was centered directly with the stage. Right in Two was right on point...2nd best for the night. Wings for Marie and 10,000 days were very emotional/spiritual. Id like to meet the retard who thought it was funny to shine a laser in maynards eyes. I know TOOL doesnt condone, but i couldnt help myself from getting in the mosh during lateralus. It was interesting watching the neo-nazis do their stomper dance in the pit, I enjoyed dropping a few of them. Vicarious was great, but again I felt it was cliched, so I said what the hell and went back in the pit.
Great show. Might go see them again in chicago. Until then...
Old 06-07-2007, 08:02 AM   #20
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/01 - Sunrise, FL - Bank Atlantic Center

Heres the revised Setlist
Jambi
(-) Ions (less than a minute)
Stinkfist
Forty Six & 2
Schism (extended)
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Intension intro
Right In Two
Wings For Marie (pt 1)
10,000 Days (Wings pt 2)
Lateralus (extended)
Vicarious
Great show. In all a completely cathartic experience. Theres was no talk, TOOL was all business this time, no typical dry irony or humorous annecdotes by Maynard...but they gave me my moneys worth. As noted maynard started off with Jambi doing a dance to the intro that resembled something elvis would've done in his latter days. The 6 screens exploded with images of fire, which i really liked. I wasnt very impressed with stinkfist I didnt even bother to sing along...almost felt like a cliche. This is my 2nd show and I was excited when they ripped into 46&2. Schism was great...by that time a fellow marsian had shared some botswana home-grow with me, so I really jammed with the extended version. I didnt become mystified until Lost Keys, the intro really put me in a trance. I remember looking around and seeing the mesmerized faces of those around me...i thought about church and then i thought about the similarities between that and re-education camps. About a minute into Lost Keys the 3 circular lights above the stage began tilting forward. At first i thought of how comical they were...made to resemble UFO's, but the spiritual side of it all made me think maybe they were suggesting something about the Trinity. The visual art was amazing, there was a lot of use of sacred geometry as well as dissectional art in the background. Rosetta Stoned was by far the hightlight of the night...'HOLY FUCKING SHIT'... I was on the floor about 5 or 6 rows back and completely bewildered. The laser show was incredible, they kept shooting more and more fog to try to intensify the effect. Im not sure if anyone else noticed, but the initial pattern of lasers formed the top part of a pentagram and was centered directly with the stage. Right in Two was right on point...2nd best for the night. Wings for Marie and 10,000 days were very emotional/spiritual. Id like to meet the retard who thought it was funny to shine a laser in maynards eyes. I know TOOL doesnt condone, but i couldnt help myself from getting in the mosh during lateralus. It was interesting watching the neo-nazis do their stomper dance in the pit, I enjoyed dropping a few of them. Vicarious was great, but again I felt it was cliched, so I said what the hell and went back in the pit.
Great show. Might go see them again in chicago. Until then...
OFFLINE |