Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Right in Two
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious

Gr8 Show, Although I Waz @ the 1 Last Night in Orlando and Personally Thought it Waz Better. Felt the Sound Waz Better Last Night, But it Could've Juzt Been Where I Waz Sitting. I Liked the Substitution of Right in Two for Pushit (as Much as I Love Pushit). On 2 Jaxsonville 2marrow 2 Complete the 3 Showz in 3 Dayz...
You forgot Intension between Right In Two and Rosetta Stoned, I believe.

Let me start off first by saying Melt Banana was the shit. They totally blew me away because I wasn't expecting much from an opener. They killed it. I would definitely go to one of their shows and buy their album.

I was on the floor in the second row left-center (opposite kind of where Maynard was standing). Maynard said nothing through the whole show. Before Melt Banana I was listening to some dude talk on his cellphone and apparently he was backstage at some point with one of his friends. From what I heard of the conversation Maynard had one of the security guards put a target up on one of the trailers or something like that and started shooting arrows at it. The dude's friend said something along the lines of "I knew you had a hillbilly boner" or something like that...I don't remember. Maynard laughed and then continued on with what he was doing which I assume pissed of the cell phone guy's friend. Eventually he was told to leave by security and while walking away made some sort of dick comment along the lines of "sorry to make you feel uncomfortable SIR MAYNARD."

I believe during Wings some asshole shined a laser pointer into Maynard's eyes and he promptly left the stage for a bit. Also a beer cup and baseball cap were thrown onto the stage. Several other things were thrown but thankfully none of them made it.

But anyways, I was in the second row until I couldn't stand the drunken douchebags around me. They would not stop talking, smoking, drinking...in fact before the show even started there was some dude fucking plowing through the crowd with his wife. During the show he was trying to use me as leverage and I was having none of it. I called the security dudes over and they like banged him against the rail and told him to get lost. Right when Wings was climaxing the security dudes were blocking my entire view of the stage because someone was smoking a cigarette or some chick constantly trying to get on her boyfriend's shoulders. The final straw for me was when people were moshing behind me during 10,000 Days. I was just like "You've got to be kidding me..." I told security to get me out, so if you recall a chick being lifted out of the front and giving the thumbs up to Tool, that was I haha.

I decided to go to the back of the floor, where the sound was SO MUCH BETTER. I could actually hear Maynard. Not to mention I actually had breathing room...christ. Lateralus was pretty much flawless. During Vicarious during that climax-y part (the "viiiiiiicaaaaarriioouuussssllllyyyyyy IIIIIIIIIIIIII.....") Maynard didn't sing it - instead he used his hand as a sort of puppet when the crowd was singing it. The irony it killed me. I lol'd. I just found it really sad when everyone went apeshit because they were playing Vicarious...but I suppose that's what radio does. But Vicarious had a really good light show. Actually, the light show in its entirety was really fucking cool. I was not expecting anything like that. Speaking of which, people need to STFU...There was a terrible singer near me when I was up front. Those kind of things are hard to block out.

If I had to give any advice it would be don't get near the stage. Morons will surround you. Tool was great but the "fans" were not whatsoever. It was especially annoying hearing everyone after the show complain about how they didn't do an encore. Why would they do an encore for you stupid fucks? I'm really pumped to see them @ Bonnaroo because there will not be a lot (if any) dumb self-proclaimed metal heads there.

Last edited by Stoned Immaculate; 06-01-2007 at 09:01 PM..
Old 06-01-2007, 08:44 PM   #5
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 901
Re: 2007/06/01 - Sunrise, FL - Bank Atlantic Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by K In Yo Mouf View Post
SetList:
Jambi
Stinkfist
FortySix & 2
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Right in Two
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious

Gr8 Show, Although I Waz @ the 1 Last Night in Orlando and Personally Thought it Waz Better. Felt the Sound Waz Better Last Night, But it Could've Juzt Been Where I Waz Sitting. I Liked the Substitution of Right in Two for Pushit (as Much as I Love Pushit). On 2 Jaxsonville 2marrow 2 Complete the 3 Showz in 3 Dayz...
You forgot Intension between Right In Two and Rosetta Stoned, I believe.

Let me start off first by saying Melt Banana was the shit. They totally blew me away because I wasn't expecting much from an opener. They killed it. I would definitely go to one of their shows and buy their album.

I was on the floor in the second row left-center (opposite kind of where Maynard was standing). Maynard said nothing through the whole show. Before Melt Banana I was listening to some dude talk on his cellphone and apparently he was backstage at some point with one of his friends. From what I heard of the conversation Maynard had one of the security guards put a target up on one of the trailers or something like that and started shooting arrows at it. The dude's friend said something along the lines of "I knew you had a hillbilly boner" or something like that...I don't remember. Maynard laughed and then continued on with what he was doing which I assume pissed of the cell phone guy's friend. Eventually he was told to leave by security and while walking away made some sort of dick comment along the lines of "sorry to make you feel uncomfortable SIR MAYNARD."

I believe during Wings some asshole shined a laser pointer into Maynard's eyes and he promptly left the stage for a bit. Also a beer cup and baseball cap were thrown onto the stage. Several other things were thrown but thankfully none of them made it.

But anyways, I was in the second row until I couldn't stand the drunken douchebags around me. They would not stop talking, smoking, drinking...in fact before the show even started there was some dude fucking plowing through the crowd with his wife. During the show he was trying to use me as leverage and I was having none of it. I called the security dudes over and they like banged him against the rail and told him to get lost. Right when Wings was climaxing the security dudes were blocking my entire view of the stage because someone was smoking a cigarette or some chick constantly trying to get on her boyfriend's shoulders. The final straw for me was when people were moshing behind me during 10,000 Days. I was just like "You've got to be kidding me..." I told security to get me out, so if you recall a chick being lifted out of the front and giving the thumbs up to Tool, that was I haha.

I decided to go to the back of the floor, where the sound was SO MUCH BETTER. I could actually hear Maynard. Not to mention I actually had breathing room...christ. Lateralus was pretty much flawless. During Vicarious during that climax-y part (the "viiiiiiicaaaaarriioouuussssllllyyyyyy IIIIIIIIIIIIII.....") Maynard didn't sing it - instead he used his hand as a sort of puppet when the crowd was singing it. The irony it killed me. I lol'd. I just found it really sad when everyone went apeshit because they were playing Vicarious...but I suppose that's what radio does. But Vicarious had a really good light show. Actually, the light show in its entirety was really fucking cool. I was not expecting anything like that. Speaking of which, people need to STFU...There was a terrible singer near me when I was up front. Those kind of things are hard to block out.

If I had to give any advice it would be don't get near the stage. Morons will surround you. Tool was great but the "fans" were not whatsoever. It was especially annoying hearing everyone after the show complain about how they didn't do an encore. Why would they do an encore for you stupid fucks? I'm really pumped to see them @ Bonnaroo because there will not be a lot (if any) dumb self-proclaimed metal heads there.

Last edited by Stoned Immaculate; 06-01-2007 at 09:01 PM..
OFFLINE |