View Single Post
detox420
05-07-2007, 12:43 AM

[It really all came together for me at this show. I mean, I have spent some time wondering about Tools future, but I now have no doubt in my mind that this is the last tour for them. They are professionals at what they do, but in my opinion they are making a mockery of all of us. Rosetta stoned was amazing live, but it the whole message behind it was directed toward those concert fans, all of whom are willing to drop 50 bucks on a ticket, and spend 2 hours listening and watching an amazing show, but wont do a damned thing after it to try to develop themselves. Resorting to intoxication to try to get more out of something when a sober experience would have been just as incredible.

Back to the whole mockery thing, did you see how stupid those shirts were? I mean they were absolutely everything that Tool was against in the beginning, and now they are selling it for 40 bucks a pop and singing songs about how its wrong, and still people will buy it. The following the band has now is going to destroy it. Its become so big that the morons are getting involved, the drug crazed alcohol infused individuals who cannot escape from the chains of our society and actually think for themselves.

This was the first time I saw Tool, and it will probably be the only time. Not that I didnt enjoy it, I mean this was the best performance I have ever seen in my life, but its clear to me now that the band was formed with the intention of getting people to do something out of the ordinary. To think for themselves and actually attempt something they wouldnt have otherwise done, and become good at it. People that follow this tour are probably die hard fans but come on guys, look at what you are doing. Look at all the money, time, and potential you are giving up just to see a band play the same setlist over and over.

They are making a mockery of this type of thing. If you cant see it, maybe im crazy. But thats really what I think is going on.

i couldnt agree with you more. you think they would take care of the fans that go to there shows and buy 200 dollar tickets but instead they just tax those fans even more with cheap quality shirts made cheap but sold crazy expensive and little buttons. pretty much cheap merc sold at probally 400% markup. i mean come on you can buy some of these shirts at any hot topic store or spencers in any mall for half the price. at first maynerd use to wear crusty shit that was at least individual in style but i noticed at the vegas show he was wearing like 500 dollar jeans and 1000 dress boots probally one of those beverly hills posh labels that every rich plastic surgeon wears. pretty much the opposite of what they preach. you know justen hasnt changed niether adam or danny has either.
but does it really matter? i mean tool is the most musically talented band still together and it has earned the rite and $ to do what ever the fuck they please. i mean we the fans pay dont we...
Old 05-07-2007, 12:43 AM   #17
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/05 - Las Cruces, NM - Pan American Center

[It really all came together for me at this show. I mean, I have spent some time wondering about Tools future, but I now have no doubt in my mind that this is the last tour for them. They are professionals at what they do, but in my opinion they are making a mockery of all of us. Rosetta stoned was amazing live, but it the whole message behind it was directed toward those concert fans, all of whom are willing to drop 50 bucks on a ticket, and spend 2 hours listening and watching an amazing show, but wont do a damned thing after it to try to develop themselves. Resorting to intoxication to try to get more out of something when a sober experience would have been just as incredible.

Back to the whole mockery thing, did you see how stupid those shirts were? I mean they were absolutely everything that Tool was against in the beginning, and now they are selling it for 40 bucks a pop and singing songs about how its wrong, and still people will buy it. The following the band has now is going to destroy it. Its become so big that the morons are getting involved, the drug crazed alcohol infused individuals who cannot escape from the chains of our society and actually think for themselves.

This was the first time I saw Tool, and it will probably be the only time. Not that I didnt enjoy it, I mean this was the best performance I have ever seen in my life, but its clear to me now that the band was formed with the intention of getting people to do something out of the ordinary. To think for themselves and actually attempt something they wouldnt have otherwise done, and become good at it. People that follow this tour are probably die hard fans but come on guys, look at what you are doing. Look at all the money, time, and potential you are giving up just to see a band play the same setlist over and over.

They are making a mockery of this type of thing. If you cant see it, maybe im crazy. But thats really what I think is going on.

i couldnt agree with you more. you think they would take care of the fans that go to there shows and buy 200 dollar tickets but instead they just tax those fans even more with cheap quality shirts made cheap but sold crazy expensive and little buttons. pretty much cheap merc sold at probally 400% markup. i mean come on you can buy some of these shirts at any hot topic store or spencers in any mall for half the price. at first maynerd use to wear crusty shit that was at least individual in style but i noticed at the vegas show he was wearing like 500 dollar jeans and 1000 dress boots probally one of those beverly hills posh labels that every rich plastic surgeon wears. pretty much the opposite of what they preach. you know justen hasnt changed niether adam or danny has either.
but does it really matter? i mean tool is the most musically talented band still together and it has earned the rite and $ to do what ever the fuck they please. i mean we the fans pay dont we...
OFFLINE |