View Single Post
Cpt_insano_2k7
05-06-2007, 08:50 AM

The lights go down, and people lit the fuck up! It was funny to watch security scrambling to try to keep people from smoking pot and drinking and all that stuff. The wave of smoke hitting your face was so strong at first, but wore out just as fast.

Whoever the fuck thought it would be cool to start chucking cups full of beer everywhere really should stop and ask themselves what the fuck they are trying to do. Although im not positive, I could swear I saw Adam get nailed by a cup and take a step back. Maynard later signalled to him the "kill it" motion, but adam shook his head no.

The band is beyond any musical talent today, to put it lightly. The sound they can produce together was so unreal and amazing it was worth the money just to see them Live. (first time ever seeing Tool)

Setlist schmetlist, it dosnt really matter what they played it was amazing music and while I was pretty buzzed for the opening band (who was that by the way? and was it me or was the guitarist taking it way too far over the top trying to make it sound abstract?) I was pretty sober for the bulk of Tool, and I still felt like I was tripping on mushrooms. But in terms of the setlist they played, how many shows has tool done? how many times do you think they have practiced? no wonder they are playing a good chunk from their new album. Im sure that they never wanted to become a band that played "greatest hits" all the time. How many times have you heard songs like parabola? swamp song? opiate? flood? hasnt it really lost its initial effect that it had on you? Much like a cigarette, or heroin, or any drug. The first hit gets you the highest, and you keep going back for more to try to get there again.

I think tool is aware of this and they are totally making fun of us for it. People have become so dependent upon the music and the emotions it gives to them that there is no surprise anymore. The effects are known and expected and no longer a surprise or shock.

It really all came together for me at this show. I mean, I have spent some time wondering about Tools future, but I now have no doubt in my mind that this is the last tour for them. They are professionals at what they do, but in my opinion they are making a mockery of all of us. Rosetta stoned was amazing live, but it the whole message behind it was directed toward those concert fans, all of whom are willing to drop 50 bucks on a ticket, and spend 2 hours listening and watching an amazing show, but wont do a damned thing after it to try to develop themselves. Resorting to intoxication to try to get more out of something when a sober experience would have been just as incredible.

Back to the whole mockery thing, did you see how stupid those shirts were? I mean they were absolutely everything that Tool was against in the beginning, and now they are selling it for 40 bucks a pop and singing songs about how its wrong, and still people will buy it. The following the band has now is going to destroy it. Its become so big that the morons are getting involved, the drug crazed alcohol infused individuals who cannot escape from the chains of our society and actually think for themselves.

This was the first time I saw Tool, and it will probably be the only time. Not that I didnt enjoy it, I mean this was the best performance I have ever seen in my life, but its clear to me now that the band was formed with the intention of getting people to do something out of the ordinary. To think for themselves and actually attempt something they wouldnt have otherwise done, and become good at it. People that follow this tour are probably die hard fans but come on guys, look at what you are doing. Look at all the money, time, and potential you are giving up just to see a band play the same setlist over and over.

They are making a mockery of this type of thing. If you cant see it, maybe im crazy. But thats really what I think is going on.

For those of you wondering how the sound was, I was impressed with what they could pull off in the pan american, Although it did seem like the sound techs were having trouble getting the sound they wanted at first. The drums, bass and guitar were so overpowering over maynard in the beginning it was next to impossible to hear him, but they seemed to iron it out fairly well by the time 46 and 2 was played. I got the impression that they were used to playing at much larger venues and had trouble adjusting the sound and equipment to the smaller stadium.

So my overall opinion? BEST FUCKING SHOW I have ever seen. But you will never see me go back for another one. maybe if they did a reunion tour 25 years from now after we have seen some change in this world and we can rejoin and listen to the music that described the pain, agony, anger, destruction, and hope to change the way of our society.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:50 AM   #8
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/05 - Las Cruces, NM - Pan American Center

The lights go down, and people lit the fuck up! It was funny to watch security scrambling to try to keep people from smoking pot and drinking and all that stuff. The wave of smoke hitting your face was so strong at first, but wore out just as fast.

Whoever the fuck thought it would be cool to start chucking cups full of beer everywhere really should stop and ask themselves what the fuck they are trying to do. Although im not positive, I could swear I saw Adam get nailed by a cup and take a step back. Maynard later signalled to him the "kill it" motion, but adam shook his head no.

The band is beyond any musical talent today, to put it lightly. The sound they can produce together was so unreal and amazing it was worth the money just to see them Live. (first time ever seeing Tool)

Setlist schmetlist, it dosnt really matter what they played it was amazing music and while I was pretty buzzed for the opening band (who was that by the way? and was it me or was the guitarist taking it way too far over the top trying to make it sound abstract?) I was pretty sober for the bulk of Tool, and I still felt like I was tripping on mushrooms. But in terms of the setlist they played, how many shows has tool done? how many times do you think they have practiced? no wonder they are playing a good chunk from their new album. Im sure that they never wanted to become a band that played "greatest hits" all the time. How many times have you heard songs like parabola? swamp song? opiate? flood? hasnt it really lost its initial effect that it had on you? Much like a cigarette, or heroin, or any drug. The first hit gets you the highest, and you keep going back for more to try to get there again.

I think tool is aware of this and they are totally making fun of us for it. People have become so dependent upon the music and the emotions it gives to them that there is no surprise anymore. The effects are known and expected and no longer a surprise or shock.

It really all came together for me at this show. I mean, I have spent some time wondering about Tools future, but I now have no doubt in my mind that this is the last tour for them. They are professionals at what they do, but in my opinion they are making a mockery of all of us. Rosetta stoned was amazing live, but it the whole message behind it was directed toward those concert fans, all of whom are willing to drop 50 bucks on a ticket, and spend 2 hours listening and watching an amazing show, but wont do a damned thing after it to try to develop themselves. Resorting to intoxication to try to get more out of something when a sober experience would have been just as incredible.

Back to the whole mockery thing, did you see how stupid those shirts were? I mean they were absolutely everything that Tool was against in the beginning, and now they are selling it for 40 bucks a pop and singing songs about how its wrong, and still people will buy it. The following the band has now is going to destroy it. Its become so big that the morons are getting involved, the drug crazed alcohol infused individuals who cannot escape from the chains of our society and actually think for themselves.

This was the first time I saw Tool, and it will probably be the only time. Not that I didnt enjoy it, I mean this was the best performance I have ever seen in my life, but its clear to me now that the band was formed with the intention of getting people to do something out of the ordinary. To think for themselves and actually attempt something they wouldnt have otherwise done, and become good at it. People that follow this tour are probably die hard fans but come on guys, look at what you are doing. Look at all the money, time, and potential you are giving up just to see a band play the same setlist over and over.

They are making a mockery of this type of thing. If you cant see it, maybe im crazy. But thats really what I think is going on.

For those of you wondering how the sound was, I was impressed with what they could pull off in the pan american, Although it did seem like the sound techs were having trouble getting the sound they wanted at first. The drums, bass and guitar were so overpowering over maynard in the beginning it was next to impossible to hear him, but they seemed to iron it out fairly well by the time 46 and 2 was played. I got the impression that they were used to playing at much larger venues and had trouble adjusting the sound and equipment to the smaller stadium.

So my overall opinion? BEST FUCKING SHOW I have ever seen. But you will never see me go back for another one. maybe if they did a reunion tour 25 years from now after we have seen some change in this world and we can rejoin and listen to the music that described the pain, agony, anger, destruction, and hope to change the way of our society.
OFFLINE |