View Single Post
Stratos's Avatar Stratos
05-03-2007, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid View Post
were you at the vegas hard rock show last year? i think that show had much more energy and an overall better experience than this one.
Yes, that one. That show was great, no doubt, especially due to the size. (I was on the floor.) But I'm the person who wants to just stand there and sing along and absorb the show and I hate when people start to mosh around me. (Even though I'm 6'5", 225.(I got that out of my system in the 90s.)) I typically just stand my ground in my little personal space area and some asshole will occasionally focus on me because I'm not playing their game (and probably because they can't push me.); which happened at that show. That pisses me off to no end.

I was originally disappointed with the all seating on the floor of last night's show but I quickly realized that it guaranteed me my space up front. Normally I'd of been standing at the back of the floor where there is plenty of room so I could do my thing and not have to worry about others. So the assigned seating was actually great. (call me old.) And since I dropped a grand on that Vegas show for a flight, hotel room, and a floor ticket, I just got much more bang for my buck from last night's show.

The band may have had more energy at the Vegas show but I've found their enthusiasm has dropped over the years anyways and it seems to be more of a "job" now than it used to be. But that's fine, I take it for what it is, and I don't really care what their energy level is. They always produce.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:59 PM   #45
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: 2007/05/02 - San Diego, CA - Cox Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid View Post
were you at the vegas hard rock show last year? i think that show had much more energy and an overall better experience than this one.
Yes, that one. That show was great, no doubt, especially due to the size. (I was on the floor.) But I'm the person who wants to just stand there and sing along and absorb the show and I hate when people start to mosh around me. (Even though I'm 6'5", 225.(I got that out of my system in the 90s.)) I typically just stand my ground in my little personal space area and some asshole will occasionally focus on me because I'm not playing their game (and probably because they can't push me.); which happened at that show. That pisses me off to no end.

I was originally disappointed with the all seating on the floor of last night's show but I quickly realized that it guaranteed me my space up front. Normally I'd of been standing at the back of the floor where there is plenty of room so I could do my thing and not have to worry about others. So the assigned seating was actually great. (call me old.) And since I dropped a grand on that Vegas show for a flight, hotel room, and a floor ticket, I just got much more bang for my buck from last night's show.

The band may have had more energy at the Vegas show but I've found their enthusiasm has dropped over the years anyways and it seems to be more of a "job" now than it used to be. But that's fine, I take it for what it is, and I don't really care what their energy level is. They always produce.