View Single Post
Old 02-17-2007, 11:29 AM   #52
On Probation

Bincount™: 36
Re: Meaning of the song

I think this is about sex, and the sexuality in a relationship and the complicated dynamics between two people in it. There is a sacreness in that meeting that has to be respected at the same time as we want that sexual kick. I think the song is about balancing that, and failing that balance. About how, once you have manipulated yourself across someones lines of defence, there is no way back, for neither part. It's hard to say no, after you've let someone in, how to motivate a no now, when it was ok this far ? Especially when the other one uses love as a way to persuade you into something that has nuthing to do with it. There is this amazing pleasure of the sex (anal in this song, someone mentioned bdsm earlier), and on the other hand that fragile love, that will be so hard to mend once soiled. The pleasure of the kick seems so much easier than going thru that hard work of rebuilding trust, now that it's spoiled anyway. So we go on... I don't know, I'm just rephrasing things already said. :)
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote