View Single Post
Old 09-21-2006, 09:07 PM   #14
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 27
Re: 2006/09/21 - Columbus, OH - Nationwide Arena

I sat on the floor, F--6, great sound. Set list: posted...

Insights: I loved how they 'jammed' up on the first song or two and then played 46&2 and Jambi devinely precise.

Yeah, Maynard like a dog was funny. I was rolling though when, during Jambi, he was slapping his cowboy hat side to side like he was riding a flippin' bull or something.

Lateralus, for the encore, was a little goofy (in a good way), as a not yet seen set of lights and lasers came on and the whole thing was a little flashy and blingy.
If 10K days is their "blues" album, Lateralus is their "glam rock" tribute...that song's some hard core timing shizt right there. They about lost it, but only once...anyone else catch it?
Overall, of course, it was a phenominal show...
Q: "If you could only ever see'TOOL!'one band your whole li...TOOL! Tool Tool!! Yes that's my final answer!
Well, the last time I saw them (Aenema tour at the Newport Music Hall), I don't even know the year, it was perhaps the single best live performance in history (yes of mankind). Maynard stood, neerly motionless, behind the mic stand, with a latex "skin" on, and proceeded to absolutly amaze all in attendance. That show was "perfect", this show was great.
OFFLINE |