View Single Post
Old 09-21-2006, 08:59 PM   #11
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 4
Re: 2006/09/21 - Columbus, OH - Nationwide Arena

9th Tool show in 13 years.

Somewhat disappointed. Sound sucked ass. Rather, the instruments sounded decent...vocals just horrible. Not that maynard didn't sing well...the sound was just fucking awful. I couldn't understand one word...just...vibrating humming....

Having said that...I still enjoyed myself. Hell, my wife thought it was the best show she ever saw...I told her it wasn't...she shut me up and said don't ruin it.

Anyway, I''ll bet my life I just followed Maynard's tour bus from 11:30 to 12:15 down I-70. Brand new bus with Tenn. plates and "Music City Tour Bus"...makes sense if his family is actually south of Akron, then you'd take col. to cambridge and up to akron area rather than col straight to akron. Shiny silver bus with red and black with grey/silver pointed waves along side. Very contemporary.

I'm 33...and still a child I guess. Though I was suprised at the number of father/son combos at the show, as well as the overall appearance of people my age in general. Thank god.

Also...first show of ever that I've been to in a couple hundred shows of my lifetime...that I didn't see one asshole the entire time. Epic...not one asshole.

Last edited by The Irreverent; 09-21-2006 at 09:04 PM..
OFFLINE |