View Single Post
guitarpete987
06-07-2006, 09:38 AM

To this day I've never heard Maynard give a raw scream with such emotion as that "Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiie" right before the outro of Jerk-Off.

But I just think different emotions sound more raw than others. And it just happens that Tool was only about being pissed off in the early days and now they have so many more different emotions to pull from. And 10,000 Days is a dark record. It's not an angry record though. It's more dark in the way of cynical humor.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:38 AM   #38
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 4
Re: Go back and listen to early Tool....

To this day I've never heard Maynard give a raw scream with such emotion as that "Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiie" right before the outro of Jerk-Off.

But I just think different emotions sound more raw than others. And it just happens that Tool was only about being pissed off in the early days and now they have so many more different emotions to pull from. And 10,000 Days is a dark record. It's not an angry record though. It's more dark in the way of cynical humor.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote