View Single Post
Old 05-28-2006, 10:10 AM   #29
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0
Re: I hate this song

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGT from back in the day
he has never done anything for me, never been there when i needed him most, and he took away some of my loved ones......o and for the not believing part, the bible, none of those stories make sense......o yes adam was created from mud and eve was created from a rib, thats real believable
wow
and you listen to Tool?
how can you believe or subscribe to anything they speak of if you take stories so completely literally?

I'm a Christian, and I believe those stories literally, but even if I didn't, there are plenty of reasons why those stories would be told/incorportated into a religion.

Adam: made from dust (nothing) and it is only through the breath of God that we live. Adam "story" = continual need/reliance upon a Creator
Eve: made from man, so subject to man, but not in the way that most people mean "subject". It's not like women are inferior, but that there is a natural order to relationships where man leads woman (sacrificially like Christ leads the Church) and lays down his life to protect, serve her. So, Eve's "story" = correct status in relationships between man/woman reflecting correct status in relationship between God/human.

Even if you don't take the stories literally (which, again, I do) you can take them metaphorically and they still make sense.
Away with our explosives then! Away with our destroyers! They have no place within our better world... But let us raise a toast to all our bombers, all our bastards, most unlovely and most unforgivable.
Let's drink to their health, then meet with them no more.

9.30.2006 - Washington, D.C.
6.07.2007 - Richmond, VA
OFFLINE |