View Single Post
Exegesis's Avatar Exegesis
05-23-2006, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by resonance.
Does anyone else notice all the white noise on this record? I'm listening to it with good headphones through a 96khz audio interface... I couldn't hear this stuff through the stereo, but there seems to be this rediculous, unnesessary amount of white noise throughout the album. And there are also a lot of little clicks and distortions that seem to be coming from the drums.

A few examples

Right in Two: about 13 seconds in, white noise just fades in and out

Jambi: 6:37 What the fuck is that? This is coming right from the cd and it sounds like an mp3.

Rosetta Stoned: about 6:54.... not so much white noise but weird glitchy/clicky distortions. You can hear it well during the drum roll right after that.

When Vicarious kicks in you can hear clicky distortions that seem to be coming from the drums.... but then it goes away as soon as the words start.

Anyone else hear this? And don't just be like "DUZ RETARD I HAVENT NOTICEDED OMG loL!!!" Get some good headphones and you'll be able to hear it.
TOOL knows what they want, and they achieve it. You are in no position to question anything regarding their art. BYE.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:44 AM   #230
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 52
Re: Production problems/distortion/white noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by resonance.
Does anyone else notice all the white noise on this record? I'm listening to it with good headphones through a 96khz audio interface... I couldn't hear this stuff through the stereo, but there seems to be this rediculous, unnesessary amount of white noise throughout the album. And there are also a lot of little clicks and distortions that seem to be coming from the drums.

A few examples

Right in Two: about 13 seconds in, white noise just fades in and out

Jambi: 6:37 What the fuck is that? This is coming right from the cd and it sounds like an mp3.

Rosetta Stoned: about 6:54.... not so much white noise but weird glitchy/clicky distortions. You can hear it well during the drum roll right after that.

When Vicarious kicks in you can hear clicky distortions that seem to be coming from the drums.... but then it goes away as soon as the words start.

Anyone else hear this? And don't just be like "DUZ RETARD I HAVENT NOTICEDED OMG loL!!!" Get some good headphones and you'll be able to hear it.
TOOL knows what they want, and they achieve it. You are in no position to question anything regarding their art. BYE.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote