View Single Post
Old 05-20-2006, 10:00 AM   #39
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3
Re: 2006/05/19 - New York, NY - City Center

I dont understand all the negativity about the sound...but from ORCH row J, on justin's side, the sound was PERFECT. The only problem were the vocals during Rosetta Stoned but it seemed like it was fixed quickly. But wow, what an awesome venue to see a band like Tool. The old lady ushers I dont think understood what they were about to witness that night, with the crowd and the sound, but all in all it was fantastic. One thing though- the show went so fast! This was my 3rd Tool show and the others seemed to clock in at a reasonable time but this show flew. Highlights were definitley Lateralus, where it seemed like everyone in the crowd reached some new level of conciousness during (esp at the end), Right in Two, Jambi, Schism, hell all of it. It seemed as though Sober, Stinkfist, Schism had this added groove to them that was missing from previous live performances, definitley the best Ive ever heard those songs live. Definitley not a disappointment (not reading the setlist beforehand is the way to go), and I cant wait for tonight.

btw, to the chick in row H wearing the ICP shirt that kept dancing in the ailes and was constantly being yelled at by security to stand at your seat, you rock.
OFFLINE |