View Single Post
Old 05-20-2006, 05:26 AM   #29
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/05/19 - New York, NY - City Center

Well, I am finally recovered from the events of the past two days. My journey to get to this show was a story onto itself. The short version is my daughter who was in the hospital for the past two days came home and was alright and I had to deal with half of the roads into the city being jammed up because of an electrical fire on the Grand Central. I pulled into the parking garage across the street at 9:27 after leaving my house at 8 pm.

Alrighty now, picture this if you will. I had seats in the rear gallery, so the audio apparently stayed in the lower level of the theatre. The only thing that carried up to the gallery really clear was the drums and bass. Rosetta Stoned sounded terrible up where I was. Maynard's distortion vocals were barely audible. The bass was OVERPOWERING everything else in that song.

However, I think the folks on the mixing board did make some adjustments because the rest of the set sounded much better, even in the nose bleeds. The only thing was I could not catch anything that Maynard said during the breaks between songs.

The highlights for me were the drum break in Right in Two and Lateralis. That song is like a religious experience. Aenema is my favorite song, but it actually dwarfed by the awesomeness of Lateralis.

This was my third Tool show. Definitely the shortest, but probably the best. The MSG show on the Lateralus tool was fantastic, but this show may have been better because I got to see the band relatively close up, even from the gallery.

I did not realize how good Justin was on bass, until this show. Carey was his spectacular self and Adam was fantastic. Oh yeah, Maynard wasn't bad either.

Spiral Out.
OFFLINE |